Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by "Cech. Ulrich" <Ul...@aeb.de> on 2010/11/02 15:22:37 UTC

Perhaps a bug in Session.checkPermission oder Session.hasPermission?

Hello,

ich found an unexpected behavior of the methods Session.checkPermission() and Session.hasPermission().
CheckPermission throws an AccessControlException although the correct permission is set. Session.hasPermission() results in a 'correct' return value with "true".

I attached an JUnit-Test (with a repository.xml), perhaps someone can verify this as a bug ... or do I perhaps something wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Ulrich

Re: Perhaps a bug in Session.checkPermission oder Session.hasPermission?

Posted by Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@adobe.com>.
On 02.11.10 15:22, "Cech. Ulrich" <Ul...@aeb.de>> wrote:

Hello,

ich found an unexpected behavior of the methods Session.checkPermission() and Session.hasPermission().
CheckPermission throws an AccessControlException although the correct permission is set. Session.hasPermission() results in a ‘correct’ return value with “true”.

I attached an JUnit-Test (with a repository.xml), perhaps someone can verify this as a bug … or do I perhaps something wrong?

>From just looking at the code of the unit test: the result of the hasPermission() calls are not checked – do they all actually return "true"? Secondly, the checkPermission() tests have a fail() when they _do not_ throw an AccessControlException. AFAIU it should be considered wrong if the exception is thrown, since the user should have all read/write rights.

Regards,
Alex

--