Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by David Nickerson <da...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/30 22:44:14 UTC

Clarification on znode naming rules

The znode naming rules are shown
here<http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.4.3/zookeeperProgrammers.html#ch_zkDataModel>
.

According to the documentation, these are the characters that are not
allowed:

\u0000 (1 character)
\u0001 - \u0019 (25 characters)
\u007F - \u009F (33 characters)
\ud800 - \uF8FFF (964,608 characters)
\uFFF0 - \uFFFF (16 characters)
\uXFFFE - \uXFFFF (where X is a digit 1 - E) (28 characters)
\uF0000 - \uFFFFF (65,536 characters)

I have two questions:

Why is the range \uFFF0 - \uFFFF listed when that falls within the
range \ud800 - \uF8FFF?

Are characters higher than \uFFFFF allowed? For example, is \u10FFFF
allowed?

Re: initLimit/syncLimit

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
1.3gb serialized datatree is quite large. Not "too large", just large
in the sense it means more time for things like bringing up a cluster.
(which means serializing/deserializing the snapshots, transferring
data, etc...) This is typically why (among other reasons) we say not
to store your data in zk itself, rather just the coordination details.

How much heap did you assign? Review the GC activity (also rule out
swapping) which might be slowing things down.

You might try copying the datadir and bringing up a standalone server.
That would give you some insight into how long it takes to deserialize
the data.

Patrick

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 2:03 PM, Jordan Zimmerman
<jo...@jordanzimmerman.com> wrote:
> What's the latest snapshot size look like?
>
> 1,378,363,003
>

> What's the size of the ensemble. How many znodes. etc...
>
> 3 nodes - AWS m1.xlarge

>>> syncLimit=300

Re: initLimit/syncLimit

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com>.