Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by ripok <rk...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/11 14:03:01 UTC

Handling MIME multipart response

Hi,

I have a use case where I have to make GET request to server and the
response from server will be formatted as MIME multipart.

What is the easy way to handle this kind of response with HttpClient? If
someone knows examples/tutorials to this kind of case, it would be great...

ripok

Re: Handling MIME multipart response

Posted by Roland Weber <os...@dubioso.net>.
ripok wrote:
> What is the easy way to handle this kind of response with HttpClient?

HttpClient does not care what kind of response you get.
It will not help you at all. There are various other
libraries with multipart parsing functionality, which
may require different levels of custom coding...

http://james.apache.org/mime4j/index.html
(designed for emails)

http://commons.apache.org/fileupload/
(designed for Servlets and Portlets, will require a custom adapter)

JavaMail
http://java.sun.com/products/javamail/javadocs/index.html
(designed for emails)

hope that helps,