Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/09 06:12:38 UTC

Issues with saaj & annotation specs

Rick,

I've noticed two issues with saaj & annotation specs.

1) The etc/config.properties exposes javax.xml.soap with version 1.3
through the system bundle. That's the same package & version as
geronimo-saaj_1.3_spec which means the geronimo saaj spec is not
really being used at runtime. So I think we should remove that package
from exports from the system bundle.

2) The etc/config.properties also exposes
javax.annotation*;version=1.0 and Geronimo provides
geronimo_annotation_1.1_spec. That's ok but I'm still seeing some
bundles getting wired to the annotation packages from the system
bundle which causes problems. So can those packages be also removed
from the system bundle?

Jarek

Re: Issues with saaj & annotation specs

Posted by Rick McGuire <ri...@gmail.com>.
On 4/9/2010 12:12 AM, Jarek Gawor wrote:
> Rick,
>
> I've noticed two issues with saaj&  annotation specs.
>
> 1) The etc/config.properties exposes javax.xml.soap with version 1.3
> through the system bundle. That's the same package&  version as
> geronimo-saaj_1.3_spec which means the geronimo saaj spec is not
> really being used at runtime. So I think we should remove that package
> from exports from the system bundle.
>
> 2) The etc/config.properties also exposes
> javax.annotation*;version=1.0 and Geronimo provides
> geronimo_annotation_1.1_spec. That's ok but I'm still seeing some
> bundles getting wired to the annotation packages from the system
> bundle which causes problems. So can those packages be also removed
> from the system bundle?

I agree, these should be removed also.  Actually, I thought I had gotten
all of the packages where there was duplication...I guess not.

Rick