Posted to general@lucene.apache.org by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> on 2009/07/22 12:49:23 UTC

[ApacheCon US] Travel Assistance

The Travel Assistance Committee is taking in applications for those
wanting
to attend ApacheCon US 2009 (Oakland) which takes place between the
2nd and
6th November 2009.

The Travel Assistance Committee is looking for people who would like
to be
able to attend ApacheCon US 2009 who may need some financial support in
order to get there. There are limited places available, and all
applications
will be scored on their individual merit. Applications are open to all
open
source developers who feel that their attendance would benefit
themselves,
their project(s), the ASF and open source in general.

Financial assistance is available for flights, accommodation,
subsistence
and Conference fees either in full or in part, depending on
circumstances.
It is intended that all our ApacheCon events are covered, so it may be
prudent for those in Europe and/or Asia to wait until an event closer to
them comes up - you are all welcome to apply for ApacheCon US of
course, but
there should be compelling reasons for you to attend an event further
away
that your home location for your application to be considered above
those
closer to the event location.

More information can be found on the main Apache website at
http://www.apache.org/travel/index.html - where you will also find a
link to
the online application and details for submitting.

Applications for applying for travel assistance will open on 27th July
2009
and close of the 17th August 2009.

Good luck to all those that will apply.

Regards,

The Travel Assistance Committee
--------------------

Re: [ApacheCon US] Travel Assistance

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: Is the assistance restricted to people presenting and committers?

nope...

	http://www.apache.org/travel/index.html

-Hoss

Re: [ApacheCon US] Travel Assistance

Posted by Luis Alves <la...@gmail.com>.
Hi Grant,

I'm locate in the Bay Area, so I don't need hotel or car and I could
drive to Oakland,
but I was not able to get my company to pay for a apachecon conference Pass.
I also wouldn't mind to do a presentation on the new QueryParser (JIRA
1567),
if I'm able to get to ApacheCon.

As you said below:
"Applications are open to all open source developers who feel that
their attendance would benefit themselves, their project(s), the ASF
and open source in general. ... Conference fees either in full or in part"

Is the assistance restricted to people presenting and committers?

Regards,
Luis alves

--
-Lafa