Posted to nmaven-dev@incubator.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2008/07/14 05:53:39 UTC

comments on trunk patches?

Hi,

I've taken a look over NMAVEN-147, 148, 168 and they look suitable to
apply to me.

Anyone else had a chance to review them first?

Cheers,
Brett

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org

Re: comments on trunk patches?

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
On 14/07/2008, at 11:48 PM, Jason van Zyl wrote:

> We now have something different here then what's in Maven? Or that's
> what's proposed. If so I don't think that's really a good idea.

No.

- Brett

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.

On 14-Jul-08, at 9:40 AM, Shane Isbell wrote:

> I was never clear on what was wrong with the existing toolchain
> implementation.
>
> Shane
>
> On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 11:31 PM, Leopoldo Agdeppa
> <la...@exist.com>
> wrote:
>
>> brett
>>
>> Thank you
>>
>> bong
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 1:53 PM, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I've taken a look over NMAVEN-147, 148, 168 and they look suitable
>> apply
>>> to me.
>>>
>>> Anyone else had a chance to review them first?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Brett
>>>
>>> --
>>> Brett Porter
>>> brett@apache.org
>>> http://blogs.exist.com/bporter/

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
jason at sonatype dot com

A party which is not afraid of letting culture,
business, and welfare go to ruin completely can
be omnipotent for a while.

   -- Jakob Burckhardt

Re: comments on trunk patches?

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
On 01/08/2008, at 6:31 AM, Shane Isbell wrote:

> I'll take a look at the patch again. To me, the Java extension for the
> toolchain seems overly complicated (even going to point of reading
> private
> fields of a class) which I was never comfortable with. The patch
> replicates
> a similar extension implementation for .NET toolchains; if we can
> what we
> need to do with a simpler impl that would be preferable.

You're right - those are there so plugins can keep working pre-2.0.9
but since NMaven is dependent on toolchains and 2.0.9, it can do away
with the extra bits I think.

- Brett

Posted by Shane Isbell <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.