Posted to dev@river.apache.org by Jim Hurley <Ji...@Sun.COM> on 2007/03/01 21:09:56 UTC

draft "River logo"

Hi all-

It's certainly not the most urgent thing on our project
'plate'.... but what the heck (sometimes a logo/image
can help form an identity and start to bind an effort
and spur it forward).  I informally worked with a graphics
person at Sun to come up with the attached draft
Apache River project logo.

In thinking about a potential logo, I imagined it would be
interesting to borrow elements from our past Jini logo,
to visually show the connection from whence we came,
and then include elements connecting to 'river' and which
portray activity and dynamism. I also wanted something simple.
To that end:
  - the colors and font are consistent with the Jini logo, as
    well as (obviously) the swirl/steam on top
  - the curve underneath could signify a flowing river.  It could
    also be interpreted as somewhat of a reflection of the top
    swirl into a river.

Interested to hear what you think, or if others have alternative
thoughts or drawings.

-Jim

Re: draft "River logo"

Posted by Stephen Pietrowicz <sr...@ncsa.uiuc.edu>.
+1

Re: draft "River logo"

Posted by Sean Landis <se...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: draft "River logo"

Posted by Nigel Daley <nd...@mac.com>.
+1

RE: draft "River logo"

Posted by "Rollo, Dan" <DR...@ETS.ORG>.
+1. Let's use it.

Dan

--
Greg Trasuk, President
http://stratuscom.com

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain privileged or confidential information.
It is solely for use by the individual for whom it is intended, even if addressed incorrectly.
If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender; do not disclose, copy, distribute,
or take any action in reliance on the contents of this information; and delete it from
your system. Any other use of this e-mail is prohibited.

Thank you for your compliance.

Re: draft "River logo"

Posted by Greg Trasuk <tr...@stratuscom.com>.
+1.  Looks nice.

Greg.

--
Greg Trasuk, President
http://stratuscom.com

Re: draft "River logo"

Posted by Mark Brouwer <ma...@cheiron.org>.

Re: draft "River logo"

Posted by Jim Hurley <Ji...@Sun.COM>.

Re: draft "River logo"

Posted by Mark Brouwer <ma...@cheiron.org>.
Jim Hurley wrote:
> Hi Bill- Not your filtering -- it must be the Apache mail servers (?)
>
> It was a .jpg that was attached.
>
> Is there a way to send over email, or do I need to just
> throw it on the wiki (or somewhere else)?

You can put it in Jira as attachment Jim.
--
Mark

Re: draft "River logo"

Posted by Jim Hurley <Ji...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Bill- Not your filtering -- it must be the Apache mail servers (?)

It was a .jpg that was attached.

Is there a way to send over email, or do I need to just
throw it on the wiki (or somewhere else)?

Thanks for any pointers.

-Jim

RE: draft "River logo"

Posted by "Rawlings, Bill A" <bi...@lmco.com>.