Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Richard S. Huntrods" <hu...@nucleus.com> on 2001/12/14 00:30:25 UTC

Re: Try a different approach - What's wrong with catalina.session??

>Hmmm....
>
>the difference between these two constructors is, that the one which
takes a
>StandardSession upcasts it to HttpSession before assigning it to it's
>session attribute,
>this should not cause this problem, as StandardSession does implement
all
>HttpSession methods (otherwise the compiler would want to have it
declared
>abstract).
>.
>>From my (I confess very distant) position it looks like a jvm on W2K
>problem. Especially because you say it does work on Solaris.
>
>Mika

EXACTLY!  That is what I think as well, except... Both TC 4.0 and TC
4.0.1 are on the same machine.  I have read all the release notes with
both versions, and cannot find anywhere that suggests a difference in
how the JVM is found / used.  In fact, the batch file I created to run
tc 4.0 and to run 4.0.1 is identical (i.e. JAVA_HOME) except for the
location of the bin files that actually start Tomcat.

So - if you or anyone knows of differences in how TC 4.0 vs. 4.0.1
find/load/use things like the servlet .jar files in JAVA_HOME vs. the
Tomcat libraries, I'd like to know.

-Richard