Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Sébastien Brisard <se...@m4x.org> on 2011/09/16 09:01:00 UTC

[math] Conjugate gradient

Good morning,
I've attached to JIRA MATH-581 a new implementation of the CG method.
This comes as an illustration of the o.a.c.m.util.IterationManager (as
well as, of course, a part of o.a.c.m.linear in its own right).
I hope you're happy with the design. As a result of previous
discussions, there is no custom stopping criterion (yet): there is a
need for more thoughts on this topic.
Also, I've allowed for (very few) HTML tags in the javadoc comments,
despite some earlier comments from reviewers. This rule has been
broken elsewhere in the javadoc, and I think reasonable use of those
tags greatly improves readability of the Javadoc, while keeping the
ASCII file readable as well. Having said that, I'm happy to get back
to plain old ASCII.
Finally, the proposed changes are attached as a zip file. If it makes
your life easier, I can commit those changes.

Thanks for your comments!
Sébastien