Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Karthik N S <ka...@controlnet.co.in> on 2004/10/21 11:05:35 UTC

Analysis Re visited

Hi

Guys

Apologies.......

  Can some body tell me ,What I have been doing wrong on the Lucene
basics.........  : > (  [6 months 15 days]

 Using Lucene 1.4.1 O/s Win/Linux Ram 1GB

 I used a modified version of StandardAnalyzer.java  [ called it
GrammerAnalyzer.java ] and added  Symbols  '$,@,#,&'

 to the same,  Also when added this Analyzer to AnalysisDemo.java avaliable
from web site

http://today.java.net/pub/a/today/2003/07/30/LuceneIntro.html?page=last#thre
ad

1) On search of '$100.50' the AnalysisDemo returned for the analyzer  used
as  '[100.00]'

2)So I Used the same Analyzer for Indexing Purpose / Searching Purpose.

3)On Hacking the Luke's src [added the same GrammerAnalyzer] file
  avaliable from  http://www.getopt.org/luke/

 When I looked at the File containing for the same values , I was surpriced
to find '$100.50' instead of  100.50

Please Somebody Advise me..........

Thx in advance

      WITH WARM REGARDS
      HAVE A NICE DAY
      [ N.S.KARTHIK]

Re: Analysis Re visited

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Oct 21, 2004, at 5:05 AM, Karthik N S wrote:
>  I used a modified version of StandardAnalyzer.java  [ called it
> GrammerAnalyzer.java ] and added  Symbols  '$,@,#,&'
>
>  to the same,  Also when added this Analyzer to AnalysisDemo.java
> avaliable
> from web site
>

> http://today.java.net/pub/a/today/2003/07/30/LuceneIntro.html?
> page=last#thre
> ad

I'm glad someone is making use of this :)

> 1) On search of '$100.50' the AnalysisDemo returned for the analyzer
> used
> as  '[100.00]'

Seems fine.

> 2)So I Used the same Analyzer for Indexing Purpose / Searching Purpose.

A wise thing to do, generally speaking.

> 3)On Hacking the Luke's src [added the same GrammerAnalyzer] file
>   avaliable from  http://www.getopt.org/luke/
>
>  When I looked at the File containing for the same values , I was
> surpriced
> to find '$100.50' instead of  100.50

I presume you are looking at the value of the field, not the terms
indexed.  Stored fields keep their original value in the index, but
also index the term(s) that come from the analysis process (or as-is in
the case of Field.Keyword).

	Erik