Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/09 06:23:47 UTC

native2ascii-maven-plugin is now in mojo's sandbox

Hello every one,

There seem to have a number of interests, including me, in a maven plugin
version of ascii2native task,
so I cooked up one and deployed a snapshot of
native2ascii-maven-plugin-beta-1.

 The site is at http://mojo.codehaus.org/native2ascii-maven-plugin/

Feedbacks are every welcomed.

-D

Re: native2ascii-maven-plugin is now in mojo's sandbox

Posted by mraible <ma...@raibledesigns.com>.
This plugin doesn't seem to work on OS X:

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Missing:
----------
1) com.sun:tools:jar:dummy

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=com.sun -DartifactId=tools \
          -Dversion=dummy -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

  Path to dependency:
        1)
org.codehaus.mojo:native2ascii-maven-plugin:maven-plugin:1.0-beta-1-20070109.041736-1
        2) com.sun:tools:jar:dummy

----------
1 required artifact is missing.

for artifact:

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.
On 1/30/07, mraible <ma...@raibledesigns.com> wrote:

> Thanks Dan - this is just what I needed!  :-D
>
> How would I configure this plugin to process multiple files?  Here's how I
> did it with Ant:
>
>        <native2ascii src="web/WEB-INF/classes"
> dest="${build.dir}/web/classes"
>            includes="ApplicationResources_zh*.properties"
> encoding="UTF-8"/>
>        <native2ascii src="web/WEB-INF/classes"
> dest="${build.dir}/web/classes"
>            encoding="8859_1">
>            <include name="ApplicationResources_de.properties"/>
>            <include name="ApplicationResources_fr.properties"/>
>            <include name="ApplicationResources_nl.properties"/>
>            <include name="ApplicationResources_pt*.properties"/>
>        </native2ascii>
>
> Here's a guess:
>
>            <plugin>
>                <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
>                <artifactId>native2ascii-maven-plugin</artifactId>
>                <version>1.0-beta-1-SNAPSHOT</version>
>                <configuration>
>                    <dest>target/classes</dest>
>                    <src>src/main/resources</src>
>                </configuration>
>                <executions>
>                    <execution>
>                        <goals>
>                            <goal>native2ascii</goal>
>                        </goals>
>                        <configuration>
>                            <encoding>UTF8</encoding>
>                            <includes>ApplicationResources_zh*</includes>
>                        </configuration>
>                        <configuration>
>                            <encoding>8859_1</encoding>
>                            <includes>
>
> ApplicationResources_de.properties,ApplicationResources_fr.properties
>
> ApplicationResources_nl.properties,ApplicationResources_pt*.properties
>                            </includes>

<includes>
  <include>....</include>
</includes>

                       </configuration>
>                    </execution>
>                </executions>
>            </plugin>
>
> But it doesn't work. Also, is it possible to change the lifecycle phase so
> it processes after the regular copy resources phase?  It seems likely to
> me
> that most folks will store their native resources in src/main/resources
> rather than in a new directory.  It'd be nice if we didn't have to exclude
> these files:

will do

       <resources>

Posted by mraible <ma...@raibledesigns.com>.