Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Waseem Shahzad <wa...@curemd.com> on 2011/11/14 15:21:16 UTC

Downloading Link for SVN 1.7.1 Server

I need to download SVN 1.7.1 Server for windows. Any link.

Cheers,

Re: Downloading Link for SVN 1.7.1 Server

Posted by Thorsten Schöning <ts...@am-soft.de>.
Guten Tag Mark Phippard,
am Montag, 14. November 2011 um 16:18 schrieben Sie:

> What dependencies does SCMBug place on the process?  I thought they just
> used a post-commit hook to look at the commit messages using svnlook?  Why
> would that be difficult to upgrade?  SVN is usually very good at
> backwards compatibility so wondering where the difficulty lies.

SCMBug checks the used Subversion version on runtime, errors on
unsupported versions and the supported versions are hard coded.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

--
Thorsten Schöning       E-Mail:Thorsten.Schoening@AM-SoFT.de

Telefon.............030-2 1001-310
Fax...............05151-  9468- 88
Mobil..............0178-8 9468- 04

AG Hanover HRB 207 694 - Geschäftsführer: Andreas Muchow

Re: Downloading Link for SVN 1.7.1 Server

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 10:13 AM, Thorsten Schöning
<ts...@am-soft.de>wrote:

> Guten Tag Mark Phippard,
> am Montag, 14. November 2011 um 15:47 schrieben Sie:
>
> > If you were using SVN Edge, upgrading for new releases and security fixes
> > becomes as simple as clicking a button in the web browser.
>
> That's the theory, in practice I have SCMBug running which won't get
> updated as simple. ;-) It's always the dependencies making problems,
> in my opinion.

What dependencies does SCMBug place on the process?  I thought they just
used a post-commit hook to look at the commit messages using svnlook?  Why
would that be difficult to upgrade?  SVN is usually very good at
backwards compatibility so wondering where the difficulty lies.

--
Thanks

Mark Phippard
http://markphip.blogspot.com/

Re: Downloading Link for SVN 1.7.1 Server

Posted by Thorsten Schöning <ts...@am-soft.de>.
Guten Tag Mark Phippard,

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.
If you were using SVN Edge, upgrading for new releases and security fixes
becomes as simple as clicking a button in the web browser.  SVN Edge is
just the plain Subversion binaries with a web app to manage them.  There is
a wiki page with info on migrating your existing install to use SVN Edge:

https://ctf.open.collab.net/sf/wiki/do/viewPage/projects.svnedge/wiki/MigrationPath

The binaries you used in 1.6 will be posted here.

http://www.open.collab.net/downloads/subversion/svn-other.html

We are still working on the packaging and updating it for 1.7.

Mark

--
Thanks

Mark Phippard
http://markphip.blogspot.com/

RE: Downloading Link for SVN 1.7.1 Server

Posted by "Cooke, Mark" <ma...@siemens.com>.

I can understand that.  I get my binaries from here:-

http://alagazam.net/ (or http://sourceforge.net/projects/win32svn/files/1.7.1/)

...with big thanks to David Darj!

~ mark c

RE: Downloading Link for SVN 1.7.1 Server

Posted by Jeegnesh Sheth <js...@src-solutions.com>.

Posted by "Cooke, Mark" <ma...@siemens.com>.
[please do not top-post on this list]

5 seconds with google (other search engines are available!) will bring you the tortoisesvn homepage [1] with all the download links you could want.

Why would you want 1.7.0 when there are already newer versions?

~ mark c

[1] try http://tortoisesvn.net/downloads.html and look for `Older Releases`

RE: Downloading Link for SVN 1.7.1 Server

Posted by Waseem Shahzad <wa...@curemd.com>.

Posted by Jeegnesh Sheth <js...@src-solutions.com>.

Posted by Ivan Zhakov <iv...@visualsvn.com>.