Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Keith Kenneth <ke...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/10 16:35:51 UTC

How to restrict solr 7.4 to use TLS 1.2 only?

How to restrict solr 7.4 to use TLS 1.2 only?

Keith

RE: How to restrict solr 7.4 to use TLS 1.2 only?

Posted by "Davis, Daniel (NIH/NLM) [C]" <da...@nih.gov>.
Best Option - Put a load balancer/distributor in front of it.

Other Option - Edit jetty.xml.    Solr uses Jetty, and so the key is in the HTTPConfiguration for jetty.

This file, in my installation is in solr-X.Y.Z/etc/jetty.xml

There is some documentation at https://www.eclipse.org/jetty/javadoc/9.4.8.v20171121/org/eclipse/jetty/server/HttpConfiguration.html

And probably some guides on TLS 1.2 for Jetty.xml on the web.

My installation also uses templates to partially override the solr installation before setting it up using the standard scripts, and that is what I would suggest here...