Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Hendy Irawan <he...@soluvas.com> on 2009/06/22 09:25:38 UTC

[karaf] Running/debugging Karaf under Eclipse IDE

Hi!

I've been able to download Karaf sources, compile it using Maven. However it
generates assemblies (zip files) in assembly/target that I have to unpack
and then run it.

Is it possible to:

   - Run Karaf inside Eclipse IDE, to shorten the develop-compile-debug
   cycle? and
   - Run Karaf using mvn exec:exec ?

Thank you.
--
Best regards,
Hendy Irawan

Re: [karaf] Running/debugging Karaf under Eclipse IDE

Posted by Stephen Evanchik <ev...@gmail.com>.
Hi Hendy,

I have finished moving development to the EIK project hosted here:
http://fusesource.com/forge/projects/EIK

and would be very grateful for any help or suggestions as to what
features would be beneficia to you and the community at largel. Right
now I am working on core WTP integration as well as number of little
items to smooth the way forward for more UI features.

I  just finished integrating the OSGi JMX instrumentation MBeans and
have a Bundles and Servers view available. You can read more about it
here:

http://stephen.evanchik.com/blog/2009/07/finished-instrumenting-running-karaf-platform.html

I expect the WTP stuff to keep me busy for a while so any small items
that people think of would be great distractions ;)

Stephen

--
Stephen Evanchik
http://stephen.evanchik.com

Re: [karaf] Running/debugging Karaf under Eclipse IDE

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Can you try again ? I've fixed a few problems yesterday ...
The blueprint api / schemas are now frozen, so we should not run into
such problems anymore.

Posted by Hendy Irawan <he...@soluvas.com>.
Thank you Stephen.

Posted by Stephen Evanchik <ev...@gmail.com>.
I just released a new version that addresses several critical bugs:

http://stephen.evanchik.com/blog/2009/06/update-karaf-pde-integration-now-java-15-support.html

Stephen

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 7:21 PM, Guillaume Nodet<gn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You may want to look at the following blog entry:
>  http://stephen.evanchik.com/blog/2009/06/announcing-eclipse-pde-integration-apache-felix-karaf.html
>
> On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 09:25, Hendy Irawan<he...@soluvas.com> wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I've been able to download Karaf sources, compile it using Maven. However it
>> generates assemblies (zip files) in assembly/target that I have to unpack
>> and then run it.
>>
>> Is it possible to:
>>
>>   - Run Karaf inside Eclipse IDE, to shorten the develop-compile-debug
>>   cycle? and
>>   - Run Karaf using mvn exec:exec ?
>>
>> Thank you.
>> --
>> Best regards,
>> Hendy Irawan
>> +62 81-2210-66622 :: +62 22-91853265
>> http://www.hendyirawan.com/ :: hendy@soluvas.com
>>

> --
> Cheers,
> Guillaume Nodet

Stephen Evanchik
http://stephen.evanchik.com

Re: [karaf] Running/debugging Karaf under Eclipse IDE

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.