Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Michael Young <mh...@hotmail.com> on 2001/03/23 08:20:28 UTC

building Xalan-C on Solaris with GCC

I've been able to successfully build libxalan-cx_x.so on Solaris 2.7 with
GCC. However I am running into a slight problem with dynamic linkage. For
some reason when I run "ldd libxalan-cx_x" I find that libxalan is dependent
on libstdc++.so.2.8.1.1. Does anyone know how to build the libxalan shared
object so that it's not dependent on a particular version of a C++ library?
I'm not sure whether it's the Xalan build or the GNU linker that controls
which particular libstdc++ library libxalan is dependent on. I'd be happy if
someone could point me in the right direction.