Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by "Platou, Halvor" <Ha...@dnvgl.com> on 2018/04/27 22:13:03 UTC

NetBeans platform application in Windows Docker container

Hi,

Anyone been able to run a NetBeans platform application(no gui) in a Windows Docker container? I have tried using the openjdk:8-windowsservercore, but when trying to start the application executable it immediately returns without any messages. I have also tried installing a bunch of vcredist-versions without luck.

Br
Halvor Platou

This e-mail and any attachments thereto may contain confidential information and/or information protected by intellectual property rights for the exclusive attention of the intended addressees named above. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this message and its attachments. Unauthorized use, copying or further full or partial distribution of this e-mail or its contents is prohibited.

Re: NetBeans platform application in Windows Docker container

Posted by "Platou, Halvor" <Ha...@dnvgl.com>.
Hi,

So far I’m testing with an interactive terminal.

Halvor

28. apr. 2018 kl. 10:32 skrev Boris Heithecker <bo...@gmx.net>>:

Hi,
in Docker, the container exits if the main process exits, nonregarding any processes spawned by the first one.
How did you start the application? Using CMD, or ENTRYPOINT?

Boris

Anyone been able to run a NetBeans platform application(no gui) in a Windows Docker container? I have tried using the openjdk:8-windowsservercore, but when trying to start the application executable it immediately returns without any messages. I have also tried installing a bunch of vcredist-versions without luck.

Br
Halvor Platou

This e-mail and any attachments thereto may contain confidential information and/or information protected by intellectual property rights for the exclusive attention of the intended addressees named above. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this message and its attachments. Unauthorized use, copying or further full or partial distribution of this e-mail or its contents is prohibited.

Boris Heithecker

Dr. Boris Heithecker
Lüneburger Str. 30
28870 Ottersberg
Tel.: 0 42 05/ 31 58 34

Posted by Boris Heithecker <bo...@gmx.net>.
Hi,

--
Boris Heithecker

Dr. Boris Heithecker
Lüneburger Str. 30
28870 Ottersberg
Tel.: 0 42 05/ 31 58 34

Re: NetBeans platform application in Windows Docker container

Posted by "Platou, Halvor" <Ha...@dnvgl.com>.
Thanks! I will look into that.

Halvor

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@protonmail.ch>.