Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Alok Kumar <al...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/24 10:00:36 UTC

alter external table location with new namenode address

Hello,

We have hive external table mapped to hbase, now moving
from pseudo distributed to fully distributed hadoop cluster.

found that hive queries are still pointing to older namenode address
ie: hdfs://localhost:9000/user/hive/warehouse/<table-name> as it stores
full uri in its derby metastore.

Q . what would be the best way to set new namenode address?

 Alter table command on hive shell to set hdfs location is only
possible for native tables!!
should i update derby "DB_LOCATION_URI" column directly?

Your help/suggestion is highly appreciated

Thanks,
Alok

Re: alter external table location with new namenode address

Posted by Alok Kumar <al...@gmail.com>.
Carl,

I tried and found ALTER TABLE SET LOCATION command can't be used
to set location for non-native tables. In my case, where all hive tables are
mapped with tables in hbase, ALTER TABLE SET LOCATION  was not possible!!
I agree it wasn't a good idea though but only option i believe

or is it available with any newer hive release?

Thanks,
Alok

--
Alok Kumar

Re: alter external table location with new namenode address

Posted by Carl Steinbach <ca...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Carl Steinbach <ca...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Alok Kumar <al...@gmail.com>.
Bejoy,