Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by rubyfan <ph...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/01 01:12:54 UTC

running broker with gij

I'm trying to run the broker with gij.  I use the following command:

gij --jar run.jar -Dgnu.gcj.precompiled.db.path=classmap.db
-Dorg.apache.activemq.UseDedicatedTaskRunner=true
-Dderby.system.home=../data -Dderby.storage.fileSyncTransactionLog=true
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote org.apache.activemq.console.Main

I'm getting the following:

ACTIVEMQ_HOME: .
ERROR: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to execute start task. Reason:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid broker URI, no scheme specified:
org.apache.activemq.console.Main
ERROR: java.lang.Exception: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid
broker URI, no scheme specified: org.apache.activemq.console.Main

When the activemq script is run to start the broker in the conventional way
there doesn't seem to be any URI specified.  What URI is it looking for?

Re: running broker with gij

Posted by Adrian Co <ac...@exist.com>.
Hi,

Which version of ActiveMQ are you using? Could try adding this to as a
command line parameter: xbean:activemq.xml?
i.e.

gij --jar run.jar -Dgnu.gcj.precompiled.db.path=classmap.db
-Dorg.apache.activemq.UseDedicatedTaskRunner=true
-Dderby.system.home=../data -Dderby.storage.fileSyncTransactionLog=true
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote org.apache.activemq.console.Main xbean:activemq.xml

Regards,
Adrian Co