Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Kai_testing Middleton <ka...@yahoo.com> on 2007/07/28 03:17:42 UTC

cygwin and nightly builds

I downloaded a nightly build of nutch and tried to build it under windows.  I haven't been able to get it to run, as I discuss in this thread:
http://www.mail-archive.com/nutch-user@lucene.apache.org/msg08950.html
I was able to get past the initial error but was getting:
    2007-07-27 00:30:14,718 WARN  mapred.LocalJobRunner - job_8r2j8
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal Capacity: -1
    at java.util.ArrayList.<init>(ArrayList.java:111)

Anyway, my question:  how to build nutch-nightly under cygwin?

Another tack I may take is to use eclipse.

Got a little couch potato?

Configuration for hadoop (5 computers)

Posted by Le Quoc Anh <qu...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Anyone help me to choose the best value for mapred.reduce.tasks and
mapred.map.tasks (run Nutch + Hadoop with 5 computers (3GB RAM, 320GB
harddisk, Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 2.66GHz )? Bandwidth of internet is
300kb/s.

Quoc Anh (Hanoi-Vietnam)