Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/02 22:47:22 UTC

[POLL] Switch to Git?

Should we switch Apache hosted Git for version control and make Subversion readonly (or bye bye it)

Gary

Re: [POLL] Switch to Git?

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
FYI: I'll gather the results tomorrow.

Gary

Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: [POLL] Switch to Git?

Posted by Jon Moore <jo...@apache.org>.
I would be +1 on a switch to git; having learned it, I like it quite a bit
better than svn.

That said, I have been relatively quiet on the contribution front, so you
can count me as a +0.5 if you like. :)

Jon

Re: [POLL] Switch to Git?

Posted by Francois-Xavier Bonnet <fr...@centraliens.net>.
+1 for the switch

Re: [POLL] Switch to Git?

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: [POLL] Switch to Git?

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.

Re: [POLL] Switch to Git?

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@apache.org>.
I too am not much familiar with Git yet, especially since I've been
using Mercurial lately.

But if others are ready to go ahead, I will try to learn it as time
permits :)

regards
asankha

--
Asankha C. Perera
AdroitLogic, http://adroitlogic.org

http://esbmagic.blogspot.com

Re: [POLL] Switch to Git?

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: [POLL] Switch to Git?

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Sun, 2014-02-02 at 16:47 -0500, Gary Gregory wrote:
> Should we switch Apache hosted Git for version control and make Subversion readonly (or bye bye it)
>
> Gary

I have been a very happy Git user for some while

+1

Oleg

Re: [POLL] Switch to Git?

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [POLL] Switch to Git?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
No.

At least not until we see how Commons gets on with moving one of its components.