Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Andrey <an...@online-solutions.ru> on 2011/10/18 15:53:11 UTC

Re[4]: Very big problems with access rights (authz file using) in SVN v1.7.0

Здравствуйте, Johan.

Вы писали 18 октября 2011 г., 17:43:48:

JC> 2011/10/18 Andrey <an...@online-solutions.ru>:
>> Здравствуйте, Stefan.

>> SS> Can you please clarify which versions were running on the client
>> SS> and which version was running on the server when the problem appeared?
>>
>> SS> Both running 1.7?
>> SS> Server 1.6 and clients 1.7?
>> SS> Clients 1.6 and server 1.7?
>>
>> SS> From what you're saying the only thing I understand is that both
>> SS> 1.6 client and 1.6 server was working.
>>
>> All for users, who have no access to restricted dir:
>>
>> 1. Server: SVN v1.7.0 (WANdisco build)
>>   Client: TortoiseSVN v1.7.0
>>
>>   NOT WORKING (update problem; empty directory created, update failed)
>>
>> 2. Server: SVN v1.7.0 (WANdisco build)
>>   Client: Console SVN v1.7.0 (WANdisco build)
>>
>>   NOT WORKING (update problem; empty directory created, update failed)
>>
>> 3. Server: SVN v1.7.0 (WANdisco build)
>>   Client: TortoiseSVN v1.6.15 (Subversion v1.6.16)
>>
>>   [!] WORKING as previous behaviour!
>>
>> So, the problem is really inside CLIENT interpretation of server
>> statuses. Both new version of console svn.exe (svn client) and
>> TortoiseSVN working incorrectly now.

JC> Is it broken only for working copies that were upgraded from 1.6 to
JC> 1.7, or also for new checkouts done with your 1.7 client?

JC> I'm wondering if it's a bug in the upgrade code (server-excluded nodes
JC> being incorrectly upgraded), or in the general handling of
JC> server-exluded nodes in 1.7.

Yes, you are right, it is a bug with upgrade procedure.

I made an expirement:

1. Made a clean checkout to a new place on a computer of user with
   restricted access. Checkout was without any problem.
2. After this I tried to make svn update -- all was fine.
3. After this from my computer I made a "cross" commit (one commit
   includes a change to a files, where users have no access, and to a
   files accessed by them).
   I used SVN update on root directory on restricted-users -- all was
   fine.

So, if a clean checkout (without upgrade) is made, there is no such
problem.

--
С уважением,
 Andrey                          mailto:andrey@online-solutions.ru

RE: Re[4]: Very big problems with access rights (authz file using) in SVN v1.7.0

Posted by Bert Huijben <be...@qqmail.nl>.

Subversion
> >> test

> > subdirectories
> > the
> > again.
> >>
> >> Would 'svn up -r0 path/to/restrictedDir' on an
> >> already-upgraded-but-broken-wc also be able to repair it?
> >
> > No, this won't work.
> >
> > This trick relies on receiving the update from the current state to r0
from
> > the server, but you don't have the authorization to get this update from
> the
> > server.
>
> And 'svn up -r0 path/to/parentOfRestrictedDir'?

This has the same effect as a normal update op parentOfRestricted dir. So
you probably receive a tree conflict (restricted dir is not unmodified)
*and* the failed update (security problem).

	Bert

Re: Re[4]: Very big problems with access rights (authz file using) in SVN v1.7.0

Posted by Johan Corveleyn <jc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bert Huijben <be...@qqmail.nl>.

Posted by Johan Corveleyn <jc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bert Huijben <be...@qqmail.nl>.