Posted to user@ctakes.apache.org by "Lee, Richard A. [USA]" <le...@bah.com> on 2014/01/08 23:16:06 UTC

RE: [External] RE: How to augment/modify UMLS resources?

Rather than edit AggregatePlainTextUMLSProcessor.xml directly, I tried to keep things clean by creating a copy of it and editing that. I made the two additions you recommend, and provided the new name and updated description under <analysisEngineMetaData>. Then told CVD to load that new AE specifier file.

Sadly, that produced a "SEVERE" exception when trying to find or load DictionaryLookupAnnotatorCSV.xml, which has not changed from the downloaded version. I looked at the stacktrace in the log file (the top of which is shown below), and used a browser to confirm that the path to that file is correct and the file appears to be valid XML. Since the stacktrace is silent as to _why_ the Initialization failed, as far as I can see, I'm not sure how to resolve this.

Any suggestions?

-- stacktrace --
1/8/14 4:41:04 PM - 14: org.apache.uima.tools.cvd.MainFrame.handleException(527): SEVERE: Initialization of annotator class "org.apache.ctakes.dictionary.lookup.ae.DictionaryLookupAnnotator" failed.  (Descriptor: file:/.../apache-ctakes-3.1.1/desc/ctakes-dictionary-lookup/desc/analysis_engine/DictionaryLookupAnnotatorCSV.xml)
org.apache.uima.resource.ResourceInitializationException: Initialization of annotator class "org.apache.ctakes.dictionary.lookup.ae.DictionaryLookupAnnotator" failed.  (Descriptor: file:/.../apache-ctakes-3.1.1/desc/ctakes-dictionary-lookup/desc/analysis_engine/DictionaryLookupAnnotatorCSV.xml)
	at org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.initializeAnalysisComponent(PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.java:252)