Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by tony <to...@animaproductions.com> on 2002/04/22 09:17:11 UTC

integrating dbtags into MM Ultradev code

Hello,

Just beginning on java I am wondering how do I integrate the escapeSQL
tag from the dbtags package into Macromedia Ultradev generated JSP code.

TIA

Tony Grant

--
RedHat Linux on Sony Vaio C1XD/S
http://www.animaproductions.com/linux2.html

Re: integrating dbtags into MM Ultradev code

Posted by tony <to...@animaproductions.com>.
On Wed, 2002-04-24 at 05:07, Mariano Barcia wrote:

> I think there are other members more authorized than
> me to answer this,

You are the first one to reply to my questions so thank you very much!!!

but I think you should install CTLX
> (look for custom extensions in the Jakarta Taglibs).
> This will install an extension to the ultradev tool,
> and a servlet in your app server. Then you would
> insert and manage your custom tags (like escapeSQL or
> struts or any other) from Ultradev, see the
> documentation it comes with a tutorial. Beware if the
> version is of April 19 the servlet doesn´t work, I had
> to recompile it, I didn´t check the repository, send
> me a email and I will send you the good servlet.

Is there a manual way? I just want to put the escapeSQL tag around one
or two request.getParameter statements.

All this trouble just to insert " ' " into a search box seems strange to
me. There are several European languages which use the " ' ". How do
people work around this? Why was it changed from JSP 1.0 where it worked
just fine?

Cheers

Tony Grant

Posted by Mariano Barcia <co...@yahoo.com>.
Tony,

I think there are other members more authorized than
me to answer this, but I think you should install CTLX
(look for custom extensions in the Jakarta Taglibs).
This will install an extension to the ultradev tool,
and a servlet in your app server. Then you would
insert and manage your custom tags (like escapeSQL or
struts or any other) from Ultradev, see the
documentation it comes with a tutorial. Beware if the
version is of April 19 the servlet doesn´t work, I had
to recompile it, I didn´t check the repository, send
me a email and I will send you the good servlet.

regards,

mariano@colaborativa.net

=====