Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by jieryn <ji...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/04 02:23:17 UTC

Split from OpenEJB?

Should Apache TomEE be its own project?

Re: Split from OpenEJB?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi guys

We already discussed it on the lists and actually today tomee is the main
project and openejb just a a subproject.

The point to split to get two projects would be to make them splitable,
today their lifecycle is really linked and most of the code being in
openejb tomee would always be waiting openejb and we should get more people
in the project otherwise splitting just means a day should get more than
24h ;).

Re: Split from OpenEJB?

Posted by helio frota <00...@gmail.com>.

Re: Split from OpenEJB?

Posted by Collins Solutions <Co...@austin.rr.com>.
> Should Apache TomEE be its own project?

I think it should.

 We already discussed it on the lists and actually today tomee is the main
project and openejb just a a subproject.

The point to split to get two projects would be to make them splitable,
today their lifecycle is really linked and most of the code being in
openejb tomee would always be waiting openejb and we should get more people
in the project otherwise splitting just means a day should get more than
24h ;).

"Don't assume everything has already been discussed a million times..."

http://tomee.apache.org/dev/contribution-tips.html

Thanks Romain !

Problem solved for me.

cheers,