Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ha...@tietoenator.com on 2008/10/30 06:17:37 UTC

Howto ip-protect a specific url in webapp?

Howto ip-protect a specific url in webapp?

Situation: We have a webapp /foo. It has to be accessible from the whole world. There's a foo's admin interface in /foo/admin. It has to be restricted by IP address so that it's allowed only from x.x.x.x.

I can restrict the whole /foo by using valve in "/etc/tomcat5/Catalina/localhost/foo.xml" but howto protect only /foo/admin?

I just can't figure out how to do this... have tried all the ways I can imagine without a success...

Thanks,

-Harry

Re: Howto ip-protect a specific url in webapp?

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

RE: Howto ip-protect a specific url in webapp?

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Harri.Paivaniemi@tietoenator.com
> [mailto:Harri.Paivaniemi@tietoenator.com]
> Subject: Howto ip-protect a specific url in webapp?
>
> I can restrict the whole /foo by using valve in
> "/etc/tomcat5/Catalina/localhost/foo.xml" but howto protect
> only /foo/admin?

Either put the check in the servlet that handles /foo/admin, or write your own valve that extends the existing RemoteAddrValve.

 - Chuck