Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by daamsie <pe...@travellerspoint.com> on 2011/11/29 02:19:41 UTC

Incomplete logging on local machine

I'm stumped. For some reason on my local set up, Solr is not logging all that
it should. None of the searches, updates, errors are logged at all.

I just did a fresh install of Tomcat 7, Solr 3.5 and it's all the same. No
logging. The *only* thing I change to the default configuration is the
location of my Solr Home in web.xml

When I go into solr/admin/logging, I can see the problem. Only three solr
logging options are available.

org.apache.solr
org.apache.solr.servlet
org.apache.solr.servlet.LogLevelSelection

That's all. And they're all set to INFO.

If I compare that to the production server, I can see there that there's
several dozen other Solr logging categories.

Why would these not be available to me on my local machine? I've combed the
internet for anything, and no-one else seems to have this issue :(

I'm running on a Mac (10.5.8), Tomcat 7, Solr 3.5