Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Peter Matthew Eichman <pe...@umd.edu> on 2017/08/08 15:52:05 UTC

Highlighting all hits in a search with the Collapse/Expand filter in place

Hello all,

We have a Solr index that contains documents representing OCR text blocks
that each have a reference to the page they appear on. The pages are also
Solr documents in our index. We have successfully used the Collapse/Expand
query parser to group all of the text blocks that appear on one page
together.

However, when we add highlighting, only the main document in each collapsed
set has highlighted snippets in the "highlighting" section of the response.
Is there a way to tell Solr to use the full result set, and not the
collapsed one, when highlighting?

Thanks.
-Peter

--