Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Wicus <wi...@webmail.co.za> on 2008/11/05 10:09:18 UTC

SVN 711536 - Update

Hi,

I updated my Linux version of OFBiz to version 711536.

Once logged-in, I can freely move between the different Application Headers.

Yet, once within a selected Application, the moment you click on any of the
Application Bar options, you are asked to login again. This is also
applicable to any tab-bars.

This happens, regardless of moving between the same two bars within 2
seconds.

Nothing broken, or noticed to date, yet quite irritating.

Any good advice ?

Thanks

Wicus

Re: SVN 711536 - Update

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
that behavior is sometime related to not having cookies enabled for that
domain.

Wicus sent the following on 11/5/2008 1:09 AM:

Re: SVN 711536 - Update

Posted by Wicus <wi...@webmail.co.za>.
Hi,

I access OFBiz via localhost (Linux) and remotely via a Windows XP machine.

I ensured that cookies is enabled in Firefox (localhost) and Internet
Explorer on the XP box.

When initially logged-on, it requires a re-log-on when accessing the
following:-

1.) AP <- any of these app headers and bars - Main / Agreements / Invoices /
Payments / Vendor List and Reports
2.) AR <- any of these app headers and bars - Main / Agreements / Invoices /
Payments / Reports
3.) Accounting <- No problem with any of the app headers only the tab
bars...
4.) Asset Maintenance <- No problem with any of the app headers, only the
tab bars...

etc etc

The Internet Explorer is set to override automatic cookie handling (prompt -
for 1st and 3rd) and always allow session cookies

The localhost FireFox is set to Accept cookies from sites and Accept third
party cookies until they expire.

What could I be missing ?

Thanks

Re: SVN 711536 - Update

Posted by Scott Gray <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Wicus

How are you accessing ofbiz, through localhost or something else?

Regards
Scott

Re: SVN 711536 - Update

Posted by Wicus <wi...@webmail.co.za>.
Ok,

I noticed that when I use the DNS address to connect to the OFBiz server, I
experienced the mentioned issues.

Yet, when connecting to the OFBiz via IP address, no issues... :-(

Dumb dumb needs help :sleep: