Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Adnan Fida <af...@point2.com> on 2001/04/25 19:21:17 UTC

setting system properties

This question has less to do with SOAP but I was unable to find any other
place to ask this question.

Currently I am using JAXP and have two XML parsers (Xerces and Crimson). My
application defaults to Crimson where I want it to use Xerces. After going
through JAXP FAQ I found out that there is a system property that can be set
to control underlying parser implementation.

Does anyone would know the name and value of that property.

I would really appreciate any help.

Adnan

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@computer.org>.
The javadoc for DocumentBuilderFactory#newInstance says:

This method uses the following ordered lookup procedure to determine the
DocumentBuilderFactory implementation class to load:
    o Use the javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory system property.
    o Use the properties file "lib/jaxp.properties" in the JRE directory. This
configuration file is in standard java.util.Properties format and contains the fully
qualified name of the implementation class with the key being the system property
defined above.
    o Use the Services API (as detailed in the JAR specification), if available, to
determine the classname. The Services API will look for a classname in the file
META-INF/services/javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory in jars available to the
runtime.
    o Platform default DocumentBuilderFactory instance.