Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Will Payne <wi...@mugwump.net> on 2019/03/29 09:48:53 UTC

Connection settings

Hi,

I'd like to give people the ability to add and amend connection settings
but don't want them to be able to add SSH keys or password details. I'm
assuming there's no current way of doing this?

As an alternative, is there any way to edit the connection-editing page
to remove certain form inputs?

Re: Connection settings

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Mar 29, 2019 at 10:48 AM Will Payne <wi...@mugwump.net> wrote:

> On 2019-03-29 14:18, Mike Jumper wrote:
> > You can actually do the latter by placing the new JSON in
> > GUACAMOLE_HOME/protocols/.
>
> Well, that'll do nicely for now :)

We have a page for that!
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/GUACAMOLE/summary

And, of course, if you're willing to contribute code, you can read our
guides for that, as well:
http://guacamole.apache.org/open-source/

:-)

-Nick

Re: Connection settings

Posted by Will Payne <wi...@mugwump.net>.

Re: Connection settings

Posted by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Mar 29, 2019, 02:49 Will Payne <wi...@mugwump.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to give people the ability to add and amend connection settings
> but don't want them to be able to add SSH keys or password details. I'm
> assuming there's no current way of doing this?

There are no per-parameter permissions, yes. You could write an extension
to deny access to these parameters through decorating the connection
directories of other extensions and stripping the parameters prior to
update:

http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/guacamole-ext/org/apache/guacamole/net/auth/AuthenticationProvider.html#decorate-org.apache.guacamole.net.auth.UserContext-org.apache.guacamole.net.auth.AuthenticatedUser-org.apache.guacamole.net.auth.Credentials-

> As an alternative, is there any way to edit the connection-editing page
> to remove certain form inputs?

You would have to either make the cosmetic changes via JS/CSS in an
extension, or override the JSON defining the protocol parameters. You can
actually do the latter by placing the new JSON in GUACAMOLE_HOME/protocols/.

The default JSON is built into guacamole-ext and can be found here:

https://github.com/apache/guacamole-client/tree/master/guacamole-ext/src/main/resources/org/apache/guacamole/protocols

- Mike