Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Campos, Jason" <Ja...@de.com.au> on 2000/08/29 04:10:52 UTC

Problem in running Tocat samples in Win NT

I installed Tomcat 3.1 in Win NT with the following details:

*	Classpath contains jdk classes
*	.;C:\jdk\lib\classes.zip

*	Path contains jdk bin
*	.;C:\jdk\bin

*	I installed tomcat in
*	C:\Implementation

	Which make C:\Implementation as my installation directory

*	I've got the following directory structure in my installation
directory

*	C:\Implementation\jakarta-tomcat
*	The following directory exist in the
C:\Implementation\jakarta-tomcat

bin 		Contains startup/shutdown... scripts
conf 	Contains various configuration files including server.xml (Tomcat's
main configuration file) and web.xml that sets the default values for the
various web applications deployed in Tomcat.
Doc 		Contains miscellaneous documents regarding Tomcat.
Lib 	Contains various jar files that are used by Tomcat. On UNIX any file
in this directory is appended to Tomcat's classpath.
Src 	The servlet APIs source files. Don't get excited, though; these are
only the empty interfaces and abstract classes that should be implemented by
any servlet container.
Webapps 	Contains sample web applications.

*	I opened a dos console and go straight to the
C:\Implementation\jakarta-tomcat\bin
and executed the startup.bat

e.g.    C:\Implementation\jakarta-tomcat\bin   startup

It seems to work here...

*	Then I open the Internet explorer and enter
	<http://localhost:8080/examples/servlets/>

... it didn't work.  Can someone help me with this...

This e-mail may be confidential and only the intended
recipient may access or use it.  If you are not the intended
recipient, please delete this e-mail and notify the sender
immediately.

The contents of this e-mail are the writer's opinion and are
not necessarily endorsed by Delta Electricity unless
expressly stated.

We use virus scanning software but exclude all liability for
viruses or similar in any attachment.

Re: Problem in running Tocat samples in Win NT

Posted by Markus Colombo <ma...@customercare.ch>.
- Make sure all .jar files in jakarta-tomcat\lib are in the classpath
- Just try localhost:8080 to see if tomcat works