Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Flavien Charlon <fl...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/25 02:20:30 UTC

Re-bootstrap node after disk failure

Hi,

What is the process to re-bootstrap a node after hard drive failure
(Cassandra 2.1.3)?

This is the same node as previously, but the data folder has been wiped,
and I would like to re-bootstrap it from the data stored on the other nodes
of the cluster (I have RF=3).

I am not using vnodes.

Thanks
Flavien

Re: Re-bootstrap node after disk failure

Posted by Phil Yang <ud...@gmail.com>.
Sorry I misunderstanded your need, you can replace the node with hard drive
failure using
http://www.datastax.com/documentation/cassandra/2.0/cassandra/operations/ops_replace_node_t.html
. In your case the node being replaced has the same ip/host with the "new
node" with new hard drive.

> Is it what this command does? In that case the documentation is misleading
> because it says: "Use this command to bring up a new data center in an
> existing cluster", which is not really what I'm trying to do.
>
> On 24 March 2015 at 21:12, Phil Yang <ud...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> you can use "nodetool rebuild" in this node.

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> What is the process to re-bootstrap a node after hard drive failure
>>> (Cassandra 2.1.3)?
>>>
>>> This is the same node as previously, but the data folder has been wiped,
>>> and I would like to re-bootstrap it from the data stored on the other nodes
>>> of the cluster (I have RF=3).
>>>
>>> I am not using vnodes.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Flavien
>>>

>> --
>> Thanks,
>> Phil Yang

Phil Yang

Re: Re-bootstrap node after disk failure

Posted by Flavien Charlon <fl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Phil Yang <ud...@gmail.com>.
you can use "nodetool rebuild" in this node.

> What is the process to re-bootstrap a node after hard drive failure
> (Cassandra 2.1.3)?
>
> This is the same node as previously, but the data folder has been wiped,
> and I would like to re-bootstrap it from the data stored on the other nodes
> of the cluster (I have RF=3).
>
> I am not using vnodes.
>
> Thanks
> Flavien