Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Xintong Song <to...@gmail.com> on 2020/09/03 10:42:34 UTC

[VOTE] FLIP-141: Intra-Slot Managed Memory Sharing

Hi devs,

I'd like to start a voting thread on FLIP-141[1], which proposes how
managed memory should be shared by various use cases within a slot. The
proposal has been discussed in [2].

The vote will be open for at least 72h + weekends. I'll try to close it on
September 8, unless there is an objection or not enough votes.

Thank you~

Xintong Song

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/FLIP-141%3A+Intra-Slot+Managed+Memory+Sharing#FLIP141:IntraSlotManagedMemorySharing-compatibility

[2]
http://apache-flink-mailing-list-archive.1008284.n3.nabble.com/DISCUSS-FLIP-141-Intra-Slot-Managed-Memory-Sharing-td44146.html

Re: [VOTE] FLIP-141: Intra-Slot Managed Memory Sharing

Posted by Xintong Song <to...@gmail.com>.
Thanks everyone,

I'm closing this vote now in a separate email.

Concerning the naming, I will use DATAPROC, as @Stephan suggested in the
discussion thread [1], for now. If there are any other opinions, feel free
to reach out to me anytime before the release.

Thank you~

Xintong Song

[1]
http://apache-flink-mailing-list-archive.1008284.n3.nabble.com/DISCUSS-FLIP-141-Intra-Slot-Managed-Memory-Sharing-tp44146p44533.html