Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by David Blevins <da...@visi.com> on 2008/05/15 08:32:02 UTC

Google Analytics

Setup google analytics on all our spaces and added everyone who's a
committer who I could easily find a gmail address for.

bruce.snyder@gmail.com
c1vamsi1c@gmail.com
davanum@gmail.com
dblevins@visi.com
eljotpl@gmail.com
gnodet@gmail.com
goyathlay.geronimo@gmail.com
hcunico@gmail.com
jason.dillon@gmail.com
jaydmchugh@gmail.com
jgawor@gmail.com
jrsisson@gmail.com
kevan.miller@gmail.com
paulmcmahan@gmail.com
rickmcg@gmail.com
sppatel2@gmail.com
tim.mcconne@gmail.com

You don't need a gmail address, just a google account.  So if you're
not in the above list, just get someone in the above list to add your
google account.

Just visit http://www.google.com/analytics/ to log in and view the
data.  It'll be a day or two before we see much of anything.

-David

Re: Google Analytics

Posted by Lin Sun <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi, could someone add me -  linsun.unc@gmail.com ?

Thanks

Lin

Re: Google Analytics

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On May 16, 2008, at 12:39 PM, Jay D. McHugh wrote:

> +1 to allow non-committers 'user' access to analytics (Should we
> have an actual vote or just let this go by if there is lazy
> consensus?)

Thanks for the input. IMO lazy consensus is fine for this. Anyone
feels otherwise, we can spin up a vote.

--kevan

Re: Google Analytics

Posted by "Jay D. McHugh" <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1 to allow non-committers 'user' access to analytics (Should we have an
actual vote or just let this go by if there is lazy consensus?)

Jay

Re: Google Analytics

Posted by Joseph Leong <jo...@gmail.com>.
Kevan,

I think that suggestion makes sense.

I guess on that note, if you could add josephcleong@gmail.com for "User"
rights to the group.

Thanks!

-Joseph Leong

Re: Google Analytics

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.

Re: Google Analytics

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.
Kevan Miller wrote:

> On May 15, 2008, at 2:32 AM, David Blevins wrote:
>
>> Setup google analytics on all our spaces and added everyone who's a
>> committer who I could easily find a gmail address for.
>>
>> bruce.snyder@gmail.com <ma...@gmail.com>
>> c1vamsi1c@gmail.com <ma...@gmail.com>
>> davanum@gmail.com
>> dblevins@visi.com
>> eljotpl@gmail.com
>> gnodet@gmail.com
>> goyathlay.geronimo@gmail.com
>> hcunico@gmail.com
>> jason.dillon@gmail.com
>> jaydmchugh@gmail.com
>> jgawor@gmail.com
>> jrsisson@gmail.com
>> kevan.miller@gmail.com
>> paulmcmahan@gmail.com
>> rickmcg@gmail.com
>> sppatel2@gmail.com
>> tim.mcconne@gmail.com
>>

>> You don't need a gmail address, just a google account.  So if you're
>> not in the above list, just get someone in the above list to add your
>> google account.
>>
>> Just visit http://www.google.com/analytics/ to log in and view the
>> data.  It'll be a day or two before we see much of anything.
>
> Thanks David.
>
> I've added everyone that's requested access to date, except Dan Becker.
>
> I gave all PMC members "Administrator" access. Committers have "User"
> access.
>
> What should we do about non-committers requesting access? I don't know
> why we wouldn't make this information available to anyone who asks.
>
> Are there any general privacy issues? If there are, then we should be
> aware of these issues, even if we don't open up access.
>
> If people are interested, I see we can set up a regular email of reports.
>
> --kevan

Thanks Kevan!  It works for me.

I don't think the information poses any privacy issue concerns so I
think it would be ok to open it up to non-committers.  Should we be
concerned that somebody could use this against us in some fashion -
perhaps to demonstrate how some other project is getting more interest
than G based on hit volumes?  If that is not a concern then I think an
email report to dev would perhaps lessen the need to manage a large list
of non-committers.

Joe

Re: Google Analytics

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On May 16, 2008, at 10:44 AM, Kevan Miller wrote:

> On May 15, 2008, at 2:32 AM, David Blevins wrote:
>
>> Setup google analytics on all our spaces and added everyone who's a
>> committer who I could easily find a gmail address for.
>>
>> bruce.snyder@gmail.com
>> c1vamsi1c@gmail.com
>> davanum@gmail.com
>> dblevins@visi.com
>> eljotpl@gmail.com
>> gnodet@gmail.com
>> goyathlay.geronimo@gmail.com
>> hcunico@gmail.com
>> jason.dillon@gmail.com
>> jaydmchugh@gmail.com
>> jgawor@gmail.com
>> jrsisson@gmail.com
>> kevan.miller@gmail.com
>> paulmcmahan@gmail.com
>> rickmcg@gmail.com
>> sppatel2@gmail.com
>> tim.mcconne@gmail.com
>>

>> You don't need a gmail address, just a google account.  So if
>> you're not in the above list, just get someone in the above list to
>> add your google account.
>>
>> Just visit http://www.google.com/analytics/ to log in and view the
>> data.  It'll be a day or two before we see much of anything.
>

> Thanks David.
>
> I've added everyone that's requested access to date, except Dan
> Becker.
>
> I gave all PMC members "Administrator" access. Committers have
> "User" access.
>
> What should we do about non-committers requesting access? I don't
> know why we wouldn't make this information available to anyone who
> asks.
>
> Are there any general privacy issues? If there are, then we should
> be aware of these issues, even if we don't open up access.
>
> If people are interested, I see we can set up a regular email of
> reports.

All,
In a discussion on legal-discuss@apache.org, I learned the the Google
Analytics Terms of Service contains the following:

You will use the Software, Service and Reports solely for Your own
internal use, and will not make the Software or Service available for
timesharing, application service provider or service bureau use.

As permitting access to any non-committers would seem to be a
violation of this "internal use" restriction, I've reviewed the Users
with access to the data. I've removed anyone who is not a Geronimo
Committer or ASF Member.

--kevan

Re: Google Analytics

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.
On May 16, 2008, at 2:34 PM, David Blevins wrote:

> I'm fine opening it up to anyone.

+1

Re: Google Analytics

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On May 16, 2008, at 7:44 AM, Kevan Miller wrote:

> On May 15, 2008, at 2:32 AM, David Blevins wrote:
>
>> Setup google analytics on all our spaces and added everyone who's a
>> committer who I could easily find a gmail address for.
>>
>> bruce.snyder@gmail.com
>> c1vamsi1c@gmail.com
>> davanum@gmail.com
>> dblevins@visi.com
>> eljotpl@gmail.com
>> gnodet@gmail.com
>> goyathlay.geronimo@gmail.com
>> hcunico@gmail.com
>> jason.dillon@gmail.com
>> jaydmchugh@gmail.com
>> jgawor@gmail.com
>> jrsisson@gmail.com
>> kevan.miller@gmail.com
>> paulmcmahan@gmail.com
>> rickmcg@gmail.com
>> sppatel2@gmail.com
>> tim.mcconne@gmail.com
>>

>> You don't need a gmail address, just a google account.  So if
>> you're not in the above list, just get someone in the above list to
>> add your google account.
>>
>> Just visit http://www.google.com/analytics/ to log in and view the
>> data.  It'll be a day or two before we see much of anything.
>

> Thanks David.
>
> I've added everyone that's requested access to date, except Dan
> Becker.
>
> I gave all PMC members "Administrator" access. Committers have
> "User" access.
>
> What should we do about non-committers requesting access? I don't
> know why we wouldn't make this information available to anyone who
> asks.
>
> Are there any general privacy issues? If there are, then we should
> be aware of these issues, even if we don't open up access.
>
> If people are interested, I see we can set up a regular email of
> reports.

I'm fine opening it up to anyone.

Thanks for taking care of the add requests!

-David

Re: Google Analytics

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.

Re: Google Analytics

Posted by "Jay D. McHugh" <ja...@gmail.com>.
Added

Jay

Re: Google Analytics

Posted by Helen Wang <He...@gmail.com>.

Re: Google Analytics

Posted by Gianny Damour <gi...@optusnet.com.au>.
Hello,

Can someone add me? gianny.damour at gmail.com

Thanks,
Gianny

Re: Google Analytics

Posted by Viet Nguyen <vh...@gmail.com>.
can someone add me also ... vhnguy2@gmail.com

Thanks,
Viet

Re: Google Analytics

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.
me too please ... joebohn at gmail

thanks

Joe

Re: Google Analytics

Posted by Jason Warner <ja...@apache.org>.
Can someone add jaw981 at gmail.com as well?

Thanks!

--
~Jason Warner

Re: Google Analytics

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.

Re: Google Analytics

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.
Then no. I can only see OpenEJB.

JLouis

--
Jean-Louis

Re: Google Analytics

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: Google Analytics

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.

--
Jean-Louis

Re: Google Analytics

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: Google Analytics

Posted by Shiva Kumar H R <sh...@gmail.com>.
I had missed out this one. I got my id shivahr at gmail.com added with the
help of Vamsi.

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 12:02 PM, David Blevins <da...@visi.com>
wrote:

> Setup google analytics on all our spaces and added everyone who's a
> committer who I could easily find a gmail address for.
>
> bruce.snyder@gmail.com
> c1vamsi1c@gmail.com
> davanum@gmail.com
> dblevins@visi.com
> eljotpl@gmail.com
> gnodet@gmail.com
> goyathlay.geronimo@gmail.com
> hcunico@gmail.com
> jason.dillon@gmail.com
> jaydmchugh@gmail.com
> jgawor@gmail.com
> jrsisson@gmail.com
> kevan.miller@gmail.com
> paulmcmahan@gmail.com
> rickmcg@gmail.com
> sppatel2@gmail.com
> tim.mcconne@gmail.com
>

> You don't need a gmail address, just a google account.  So if you're not in
> the above list, just get someone in the above list to add your google
> account.
>
> Just visit http://www.google.com/analytics/ to log in and view the data.
>  It'll be a day or two before we see much of anything.
>
> -David

Shiva

Re: Google Analytics

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
I've added Dan and Joseph.

--kevan

Re: Google Analytics

Posted by Dan Becker <da...@gmail.com>.
David,

Could you please add dan.o.becker at    gmail.com.

Donald Woods wrote:
> Can someone add me to the list?
>     donaldrwoods at gmail
>
> -Donald
>

> David Blevins wrote:
>> Setup google analytics on all our spaces and added everyone who's a
>> committer who I could easily find a gmail address for.
>>
>> You don't need a gmail address, just a google account.  So if you're
>> not in the above list, just get someone in the above list to add your
>> google account.
>>
>> Just visit http://www.google.com/analytics/ to log in and view the
>> data.  It'll be a day or two before we see much of anything.

--
Thanks, Dan Becker

Re: Google Analytics

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.