Posted to dev@bloodhound.apache.org by Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/13 17:48:55 UTC

Fwd: Misterious upgrade issue trying to upgrade blood-hound.net instance

Minutes ago I was about to upgrade the Bloodhound instance deployed in
blood-hound.net servers but I got this  message

{{{#!sh

$ trac-admin /path/to/blood-hound.net/ upgrade
The upgrade failed. Please fix the issue and try again.

TracError: Current db version (5) newer than supported by
this version of the Bloodhound multi product (2).

}}}

Latest version that worked is git:8ed7ee6 svn:1529237 and I'm trying to
upgrade to git:44252bd svn:1548821 .

Is there any upgrade enforced since that time ? What is it about ? What's
the recommended approach to troubleshoot and/or solve this issue ?

Olemis - @olemislc

Re: Fwd: Misterious upgrade issue trying to upgrade blood-hound.net instance

Posted by Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 12:13 PM, Gary Martin <ga...@wandisco.com>wrote:

> On 13/12/13 16:48, Olemis Lang wrote:
>
>> Minutes ago I was about to upgrade the Bloodhound instance deployed in
>> blood-hound.net servers but I got this  message
>>
>> {{{#!sh
>>
>> $ trac-admin /path/to/blood-hound.net/ upgrade
>> The upgrade failed. Please fix the issue and try again.
>>
>> TracError: Current db version (5) newer than supported by
>> this version of the Bloodhound multi product (2).
>>
>> }}}
>>
>> Latest version that worked is git:8ed7ee6 svn:1529237 and I'm trying to
>> upgrade to git:44252bd svn:1548821 .
>>
>> Is there any upgrade enforced since that time ? What is it about ? What's
>> the recommended approach to troubleshoot and/or solve this issue ?
>>

> 5 is the correct db version on trunk and it looks like it has been since
> before r1529237
>
> Are you sure that the multiproduct code you have is also from the same
> revision? That is, what is the db version specified by
> multiproduct.api.DB_VERSION?

ouch ! ... now I notice , virtual env mismatch . Sorry for the noise .

Posted by Gary Martin <ga...@wandisco.com>.
On 13/12/13 16:48, Olemis Lang wrote:
> Minutes ago I was about to upgrade the Bloodhound instance deployed in
> blood-hound.net servers but I got this  message
>
> {{{#!sh
>
> $ trac-admin /path/to/blood-hound.net/ upgrade
> The upgrade failed. Please fix the issue and try again.
>
> TracError: Current db version (5) newer than supported by
> this version of the Bloodhound multi product (2).
>
> }}}
>
> Latest version that worked is git:8ed7ee6 svn:1529237 and I'm trying to
> upgrade to git:44252bd svn:1548821 .
>
> Is there any upgrade enforced since that time ? What is it about ? What's
> the recommended approach to troubleshoot and/or solve this issue ?

5 is the correct db version on trunk and it looks like it has been since
before r1529237

Are you sure that the multiproduct code you have is also from the same
revision? That is, what is the db version specified by
multiproduct.api.DB_VERSION?

Cheers,
     Gary