Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Guilherme Longo <gr...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/28 21:17:41 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: Pointing my just registered domain to my local web server.

Hi all. I made progress with my DNS server.
Now I have all the information I need to make a decent question... lol

My DNS server is working. The final question here is how to make nsupdate
update my external ip in my zone configuration file.

This is my zone configuration file:

TTL 14400
@                      IN SOA ns1,standbyinformaticarp.com.br
root.standbyinformaticarp.com.br (
                          200007201
                          28800
                          14400
                          3600000
                          84400 )
standbyinformaticarp.com.br.            14400        IN  NS
ns1.standbyinformaticarp.com.br.
www.standbyinformaticarp.com.br.   14400        IN  A   127.0.0.1
standbyinformaticarp.com.br.            14400        IN  MX  0
standbyinformaticarp.com.br.

After awhile I was able to ping from my friend's computer the
www.standbyinformaticarp.com.br and it was looking for the 10.0.0.2 ip wich
is the servers ip.
Now... i found that dns clients and also nsupdate would help me whenever my
external ip changes.

The question is, how my zone configuration file show be setup? Do I have to
remover the "www.standbyinformaticarp.com.br.   14400        IN  A
127.0.0.1" line?

Please could I get help from someone?
Thanks a lot