Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/15 10:57:57 UTC

Re: Programmatically accessing OSGi bundle information shown in Apache Felix Web Console

Hi,

Well, in what respect would it make your life easier ?

Doing BundleContext.getBundles() is as easy as it could be, no ? Or is
it how the web console renders the bundle detail ?

The you could (theoretically) use the web console by sending an HTTP
request  and use the result. But I am not sure, whether this is really
worth it....

Regards
Felix

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Heshan Suriyaarachchi schrieb:
> Hi Felix,
>
> On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 3:54 PM, Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi Hashan,
>>
>> Heshan Suriyaarachchi schrieb:
>>> Hi Felix,

>>> It is the way in which web console renders the bundle details. If I could
>>> get it as stream (or something like that) I could directly write it to a
>>> file. WDYT?
>> What I have done recently (but not committed yet) is to extend the
>> configuration status page as follows:
>>
>>  * display as tabbed page of status entries
>>  * option to download as a single text file
>>  * option to download as a ZIP file containing each tab
>>     page as a text file
>>
> These options matches my requirement exactly. Is there a way that I could
> use these features?

I have just committed said extension (as part of FELIX-1599). You may
want to build the web console from trunk to try it out.

Regards
Felix

Posted by Heshan Suriyaarachchi <he...@gmail.com>.
Hi Felix,
             Is there a way to programmatically get the /console/config
information? My bundle is deployed within a server and it's not a good way
to access the same server again(by sending http request) to get information.
This may give rise to security vulnerabilities. Therefore, I need to get
those information programmatically by accessing the web-console API. Is
there a way to do this rather than doing modifications to the web-console
jar? If a modification is needed, how to do it?

Thanks

Heshan Suriyaarachchi

http://heshans.blogspot.com/

Re: Programmatically accessing OSGi bundle information shown in Apache Felix Web Console

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Heshan Suriyaarachchi <he...@gmail.com>.

heshan.suri@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Felix,
>
> On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 3:54 PM, Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi Hashan,
>>
>> Heshan Suriyaarachchi schrieb:
>> > Hi Felix,

>> > It is the way in which web console renders the bundle details. If I
>> could
>> > get it as stream (or something like that) I could directly write it to a
>> > file. WDYT?
>>
>> What I have done recently (but not committed yet) is to extend the
>> configuration status page as follows:
>>
>>  * display as tabbed page of status entries
>>  * option to download as a single text file
>>  * option to download as a ZIP file containing each tab
>>     page as a text file
>>
> These options matches my requirement exactly. Is there a way that I could
> use these features?
>

>> Would that suit your needs ?
>>
>> Regards
>> Felix

>> know
>> my

>> the
>> Console

> Regards,
> Heshan Suriyaarachchi
>
> http://heshans.blogspot.com/

Heshan Suriyaarachchi

http://heshans.blogspot.com/

Re: Programmatically accessing OSGi bundle information shown in Apache Felix Web Console

Posted by Heshan Suriyaarachchi <he...@gmail.com>.
Hi Felix,

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Hashan,