Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Sanjiv Jivan <sa...@gmail.com> on 2004/12/06 22:15:30 UTC

MyFaces and JSP 2.0

Hi,
I've just started looking at MyFaces and had a question regarding
MyFaces and JSP 2.0.

What are the dependencies of MyFaces on JSP 2.0? Does MyFaces require
a web container that fully supports JSP 2.0, or only portions of JSP
2.0.

The reason I ask is that I'm on Weblogic 8.1 which is still on JSP
1.2. I also read a note in the MyFaces "Getting Started" documentation
stating that for JSP 1.2 containers like Tomcat 4.x, we need to copy
jsp-2.0.jar to the WEB-INF/lib directory in addition to
commons-el.jar. What effect does this have? Does copying these jars
make a JSP 1.2 container 2.0 compliant? I didn't think it did.

Thanks,
Sanjiv

Re: MyFaces and JSP 2.0

Posted by Sanjiv Jivan <sa...@gmail.com>.
Bill,
Thanks for your reply. Can you provide some details of what
functionality of jsp2.0.jar is being used by MyFaces. I thought this
jar was primarily the JSP 2.0 spec interfaces and abstract classes and
not implementation classes.

Thanks,
Sanjiv

Re: MyFaces and JSP 2.0