Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@kiwi.ICS.UCI.EDU> on 2000/07/23 21:15:47 UTC

Re: depend still doesn't work

>    We have working dependencies*. I don't remember anyone saying
>    that there will definitely be automated depend stuff. I'm
>    sure you have something constructive to say which will result
>    in an improvement of what we have today.

Sorry, I was using too much context from a previous discussion.
Apache 2.0 generating dependencies with make depend would generate
invalid dependencies within the pcre directory that would cause a later
make to keel over and die.  I couldn't tell why from the output messages,
nor from looking at the Makefile.  Doing the same after (make distclean;
configure; make) would work fine.

It seems to be fixed now by your changes this morning.  Thanks.

....Roy