Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by Scott Lanham <li...@sael.com.au> on 2009/12/17 03:25:48 UTC

New Line In Alert

Howdy Everyone,

I can't seem to get the displayed message in an Alert to honour new lines. I
was wondering if new lines are supported and if so, how to specify them?

Thanks,

Scott.

Re: New Line In Alert

Posted by Todd Volkert <tv...@gmail.com>.
Hi Scott,

IIRC, the alert's message is backed by a Label instance, in which case it
won't respect newlines.  You can get around this by treating the message as
a "title", and providing a read-only TextArea instance as the alert's body
component.  The TextArea will respect newlines.  Arguably, this is better
anyway, because if you want the user to be able to copy the text in your
message, you'd need to use TextArea anyway :)

-T