Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Richard Feldmann <rh...@oaksage.dyndns.org> on 2005/06/16 21:20:26 UTC

publish times out

Greetings,

I admit that I am stumped. I've tried digging in the archives but didn't
find anything obvious.

The issue: everything seems to be working ok, except that whenever I try
to publish, my apache server times out. I can edit, create, etc, without
any problems and no other web app on my server experiences this issue.
Just publishing from lenya . . .

Anyone have an idea where I should look first? I've tried uping the
timeout for apache and it still bombs. The first time I saw this, last
night from my home computer (not localhost, but a win pc on the LAN), I
saw an actual error page that appears to have come from cocoon. However,
trying to duplicate it from my work pc, I don't get that. I just get a
standard apache timeout 'try again later' page.

lenya 1.2.3
cocoon 2.1.7
apache 2.0.54
java 1.4.2

Thanks,
Richard

Re: publish times out

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Richard Feldmann wrote:

> The issue: everything seems to be working ok, except that whenever I try
> to publish, my apache server times out. I can edit, create, etc, without
> any problems and no other web app on my server experiences this issue.
> Just publishing from lenya . . .

it is most likely an interaction between the scheduler servlet and your
network setup. previously, people had to make sure their server could
access localhost.

check out this thread:

http://72.14.207.104/search?q=cache:pzB8DOk2IfQJ:comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.cms.lenya.user/6936+lenya+scheduler+localhost&hl=en&start=3&client=firefox-a