Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Kushal Darji <ku...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/26 09:07:56 UTC

Ofbiz POS & WebPOS

Hello everyone,

I have just started exploring ofbiz POS and WebPos modules.

Problems with POS:
1] i'm unable to see my own created product in POS.
2] unable to add already added product to cart. It shows "Item Modification
Error" whenever i select any product. In console it shows following
exception,

Exception: org.ofbiz.order.shoppingcart.CartItemModifyException
Message: Could not find a valid price for the product with ID [ENCHILADAS],
not
adding to cart.

Problems with WebPOS:
1] i'm unable to see my own created product in POS.
2] unable to add already added product to cart. No error or Exception
generates in logs/console. it shows item added to cart msg in log/console.

So, Plz can anyone help/suggest me how i can achieve such simple task from
POS and WebPOs. Or suggest me some documents for it.

i have created product under specific catalog & category as well as in Demo
Catalog also.

i'm using apache-ofbiz-12.04.01 version.

i've read following link, but its not really useful.
- https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/POS+System

Thnax in Advance.
Kushal Darji

Re: Ofbiz POS & WebPOS

Posted by Kushal Darji <ku...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Pardon me for your inconvenience.

Reason why i resend the mail b'coz i would not able to see my question in
mailing-list. So i was just verifying that, if it posted or not?

I will definitely take this into consideration in future.

Kushal Darji

Re: Ofbiz POS & WebPOS

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.

Fwd: Ofbiz POS & WebPOS

Re: Ofbiz POS & WebPOS

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Yes you are now on the right track.

The POS is specific and anyway remember: by and large OFBiz OOTB is more a large demo than  ready made (though you can reuse much)

Jacques

From: "Kushal Darji" <ku...@gmail.com>

Re: Ofbiz POS & WebPOS

Posted by Kushal Darji <ku...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Thnx for reply.

1st of all I've figure our "Item modification Error". Its that I've changed
product's currency different then facilities & product store'. So now i'm
able to sell  "*ENCHILADAS*" from POS display.

But how can i display & sell my own products from POS display. I've checked
out DemoRetail.xml, So do i need to create something like this to achieve
it.

Thnx in Advance.

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 9:25 PM, Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>wrote:

> The error
>
> Exception: org.ofbiz.order.shoppingcart.CartItemModifyException
> Message: Could not find a valid price for the product with ID [ENCHILADAS],
> not
> adding to cart.
>
> occurring means that you have not set a proper price in the catalog for the
> product.
>
> Furthermore, I have tested adding products to a local instance of 12.04.01,
> and it works fine.
>
> Have you checked whether your products are added correctly to categories?
>
> Pierre Smits

Kushal Darji

Re: Ofbiz POS & WebPOS