Posted to solr-dev@lucene.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2007/02/10 12:14:19 UTC

tsr.ch goes live with Solr!

Hi Solr community,

I've been talking about my "current project" for months, it's finally live at

 http://www.tsr.ch/tsr/index.html?siteSect=500000

It's the new video player page of our "national" (French-speaking part
of Switzerland) TV network, backed by a Solr index fed by a continuous
stream of incoming videos, as soon as editors enter them in their
existing CMS.

It's all in French but I've added some info in English at
http://codeconsult.ch/bertrand/archives/000760.html. I'm going to base
my ApacheCon talk on this example, to show how well Solr copes with
"mixed" queries, combining structured, database-like searches with
full-text.

Solr is mostly used to generate all the dynamic navigation features of
that page (via Ajaxish calls), the search function is there but the
"exploration" features are much more prominent. I like it very much:
don't search, find.

Hope you like it...it's all Ajax and video player plugins (they
haven't converted their large collection of videos to Flash yet), so
you might find some bugs. If so, I'd love to hear about them off-list.

Big thanks to the Lucene and Solr folks for making this possible, my
part (creating the index back-end and assisting the front-end
developers) has been very easy to implement thanks to these great
tools!

-Bertrand

RE: tsr.ch goes live with Solr!

Posted by "Cook, Jeryl" <JC...@innodata-isogen.com>.