Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Sanjay Subramanian <Sa...@wizecommerce.com> on 2013/04/05 03:40:29 UTC

Correct syntax for EXPLAIN DEPENDENCY

Hi
Whats the correct syntax for EXPLAIN DEPENDENCY ?

Query
======
/usr/lib/hive/bin/hive -e "explain dependency select * from channel_market_lang where channelid > 29000"

org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.parse.ParseException: line 1:8 cannot recognize input near 'plan' 'dependency' 'select' in statement

        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.parse.ParseDriver.parse(ParseDriver.java:440)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.compile(Driver.java:416)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.compile(Driver.java:336)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.run(Driver.java:909)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.processLocalCmd(CliDriver.java:255)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.processCmd(CliDriver.java:212)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.processLine(CliDriver.java:403)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.processLine(CliDriver.java:338)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.run(CliDriver.java:637)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.main(CliDriver.java:554)

I was referring to this doc..is there another doc ?
https://cwiki.apache.org/Hive/languagemanual-explain.html#LanguageManualExplain-EXPLAINSyntax

Thanks
sanjay

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
======================
This email message and any attachments are for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message along with any attachments, from your computer system. If you are the intended recipient, please be advised that the content of this message is subject to access, review and disclosure by the sender's Email System Administrator.

Re: Correct syntax for EXPLAIN DEPENDENCY

Posted by Sanjay Subramanian <Sa...@wizecommerce.com>.
Thanks
I did upgrade but got stumped with this so reverted back
https://issues.cloudera.org/browse/DISTRO-461

Regards
sanjay

On 4/4/13 7:37 PM, "Jarek Jarcec Cecho" <ja...@apache.org> wrote:

> [...]
>>intended recipient, please be advised that the content of this message
>>is subject to access, review and disclosure by the sender's Email System
>>Administrator.
>>
>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
>> ======================
>> This email message and any attachments are for the exclusive use of the
>>intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged
>>information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is
>>prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the
>>sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message
>>along with any attachments, from your computer system. If you are the
>>intended recipient, please be advised that the content of this message
>>is subject to access, review and disclosure by the sender's Email System

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Posted by Jarek Jarcec Cecho <ja...@apache.org>.
Hi Sanjay,

Posted by Sanjay Subramanian <Sa...@wizecommerce.com>.