Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Shawn Weeks <sw...@weeksconsulting.us> on 2019/03/26 05:55:59 UTC

Hive LLAP Containers

I'm playing around with Hive 3.1 in the newest HDP 3.1 release and I'm trying to identify all the containers that are being launched. I was expecting one large container for the llap service and one tez container for the single concurrent query but I'm also seeing a third tez container running in the default queue. Looking at the logs it's also being started by llap. I was wondering what it was for since any queries I run goto the other tez container in the llap queue.

Thanks
Shawn Weeks