Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Michael Caplan <Mi...@henryschein.com> on 2008/07/02 18:52:41 UTC

Recommended ActiveMQ Config for Stomp

Hi there,

I’m working on tightening up my ActiveMQ config for Stomp only use, and am
trying to refine my config to this end.  There are a couple of points in my
config, and the “Complex Single Broker Configuration (Stomp only)” [CSBS]
(http://activemq.apache.org/user-submitted-configurations.html) that I am
unsure about.  What I am hoping to achieve is a simple single broker, stomp
only, and access limited by IP.

I worked from the base config file bundled with the distro, and came up with
the below.  The config points that I am unsure of include:

•	destinationPolicy (why doesn’t the CSBS example implement this?)
•	persistenceAdapter (why doesn’t the CSBS example implement this?)
•	systemUsage (why doesn’t the CSBS example implement this?)
•	Can I implement a rule that tells the broker that stomp requests are to be
only accepted from an IP (or series of IPs)
•	Can I implement a rule that tells the web UI to be restricted by IP as
well?

Thanks for the feedback!

Mike

<beans
  xmlns:amq="http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core"
  http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core
http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core/activemq-core.xsd
  http://activemq.apache.org/camel/schema/spring
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/schema/spring/camel-spring.xsd">

    <!-- Allows us to use system properties as variables in this
configuration file -->
    <bean
class="org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer"/>

    <broker xmlns="http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core"
brokerName="localhost" dataDirectory="${activemq.base}/data">

        <!-- Destination specific policies using destination names or
wildcards -->
        <destinationPolicy>
            <policyMap>
                <policyEntries>
                    <policyEntry queue=">" memoryLimit="5mb"/>
                    <policyEntry topic=">" memoryLimit="5mb">
                        <dispatchPolicy>
                            <strictOrderDispatchPolicy/>
                        </dispatchPolicy>
                        <subscriptionRecoveryPolicy>
                            <lastImageSubscriptionRecoveryPolicy/>
                        </subscriptionRecoveryPolicy>
                    </policyEntry>
                </policyEntries>
            </policyMap>
        </destinationPolicy>

        <!-- Use the following to configure how ActiveMQ is exposed in JMX
-->
        <managementContext>
            <managementContext createConnector="false"/>
        </managementContext>

        <persistenceAdapter>
            <amqPersistenceAdapter syncOnWrite="false"
directory="${activemq.base}/data" maxFileLength="20 mb"/>
        </persistenceAdapter>

        <!--  The maximum about of space the broker will use before slowing
down producers -->
        <systemUsage>
            <systemUsage>
                <memoryUsage>
                    <memoryUsage limit="20 mb"/>
                </memoryUsage>
                <storeUsage>
                    <storeUsage limit="1 gb" name="foo"/>
                </storeUsage>
                <tempUsage>
                    <tempUsage limit="100 mb"/>
                </tempUsage>
            </systemUsage>
        </systemUsage>

        <!-- The transport connectors ActiveMQ will listen to -->
        <transportConnectors>
            <transportConnector name="stomp" uri="stomp://localhost:61613"/>
        </transportConnectors>

    </broker>

    <!-- An embedded servlet engine for serving up the Admin console -->
    <jetty xmlns="http://mortbay.com/schemas/jetty/1.0">
        <connectors>
            <nioConnector port="8161"/>
        </connectors>

        <handlers>
            <webAppContext contextPath="/admin"
resourceBase="${activemq.base}/webapps/admin" logUrlOnStart="true"/>
        </handlers>
    </jetty>
</beans>