Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au> on 2003/09/11 07:38:28 UTC

[Vote] Antonio Gallardo and Tony Collen as Cocoon committers

I propose Antonio Gallardo and Tony Collen to be Cocoon committers.

They have both been contributing lots of stuff and discussion
on both cocoon-dev and cocoon-users since mid-2002.

Here is my +1 for both.

--David

Re: [Vote] Antonio Gallardo and Tony Collen as Cocoon committers

Posted by Tony Collen <co...@umn.edu>.
Geoff Howard wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
>
>> I propose Antonio Gallardo and Tony Collen to be Cocoon committers.
>>
>> They have both been contributing lots of stuff and discussion
>> on both cocoon-dev and cocoon-users since mid-2002.
>

> +1 for both -- welcome!

I'd just like to thank everybody for the votes, and especially David for the proposal.  I was very
surprised, pleased, humbled, and of course honored when I learned of David's plot to nominate me
(And Antonio, welcome!) for committership.  Truly a surprise.

Anyway, if you're curious, I have a mini-bio up at
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=TonyCollen which has lived there for a while.  I'd just like
to add a little history, too.

I originally joined the mailing lists as a result of a project at my old job, where one of the
architects had suggested we use Cocoon for the frontend.  It was a funny coincidence, because I had
been exploring different technologies after being big into the PHP development side of things, and
had somehow gravitated towards Cocoon.  I lurked for quite a bit, but eventually I warmed up to
posting regularly on the list -- it makes me wonder how many lurkers we have on this list :)

In the past 9 months or so, circumstances had changed, and so did my job.  I was heartbroken to
learn that just as my skills in Cocoon were needed, I had to change jobs.  Fortunately, the Cocooon
community is always here regardless of what my job is, which is why I love contributing.

Regards,
Tony

Re: [Vote] Antonio Gallardo and Tony Collen as Cocoon committers

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.
David Crossley wrote:
> I propose Antonio Gallardo and Tony Collen to be Cocoon committers.
>
> They have both been contributing lots of stuff and discussion
> on both cocoon-dev and cocoon-users since mid-2002.

+1 for both -- welcome!

Geoff

Re: [Vote] Antonio Gallardo and Tony Collen as Cocoon committers

Posted by Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>.
David Crossley wrote:
> I propose Antonio Gallardo and Tony Collen to be Cocoon committers.

+1 for both.

	Ugo

Re: [Vote] Antonio Gallardo and Tony Collen as Cocoon committers

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
David Crossley wrote:

> I propose Antonio Gallardo and Tony Collen to be Cocoon committers.

+1

A warm welcome to both of you.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

Re: [Vote] Antonio Gallardo and Tony Collen as Cocoon committers

Posted by Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>.
On Thu, 2003-09-11 at 07:38, David Crossley wrote:
> I propose Antonio Gallardo and Tony Collen to be Cocoon committers.

+1 for both

Re: [Vote] Antonio Gallardo and Tony Collen as Cocoon committers

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>.
David Crossley dijo:
> On Thu, 2003-09-11 at 15:38, David Crossley wrote:
>> I propose Antonio Gallardo and Tony Collen to be Cocoon committers.
> <snip/>
>
> There were 19 positive votes and no negative ones, so i will
> ask root to set up the new accounts.

Great!

Also I want to thanks all the people to allow us to be part of this
wonderful community. I hope we can make our membership the most productive
in the interest of the Cocoon development effort.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Re: [Vote] Antonio Gallardo and Tony Collen as Cocoon committers

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au>.

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
On Monday, Sep 15, 2003, at 14:37 Europe/Rome, Giacomo Pati wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Sep 2003, David Crossley wrote:
>
>> I propose Antonio Gallardo and Tony Collen to be Cocoon committers.
>>
>> They have both been contributing lots of stuff and discussion
>> on both cocoon-dev and cocoon-users since mid-2002.
>>
>> Here is my +1 for both.
>
> +1 for both. Wlcome guys!

damn, forgot to vote as well. +1!

--
Stefano.

Re: [Vote] Antonio Gallardo and Tony Collen as Cocoon committers

Posted by Giacomo Pati <gi...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 11 Sep 2003, David Crossley wrote:

> I propose Antonio Gallardo and Tony Collen to be Cocoon committers.
>
> They have both been contributing lots of stuff and discussion
> on both cocoon-dev and cocoon-users since mid-2002.
>
> Here is my +1 for both.

+1 for both. Wlcome guys!

--
Giacomo Pati

Re: [Vote] Antonio Gallardo and Tony Collen as Cocoon committers

Posted by Christian Haul <ha...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>.
On 11.Sep.2003 -- 03:38 PM, David Crossley wrote:
> I propose Antonio Gallardo and Tony Collen to be Cocoon committers.

Absolutely!
+1

	Chris.
--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l
haul@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de

Re: [Vote] Antonio Gallardo and Tony Collen as Cocoon committers

Posted by Marc Portier <mp...@outerthought.org>.
David Crossley wrote:

> I propose Antonio Gallardo and Tony Collen to be Cocoon committers.

+1 for both, Welcome on board!

-marc=

Re: [Vote] Antonio Gallardo and Tony Collen as Cocoon committers

Posted by Andrew Savory <an...@luminas.co.uk>.
On Thu, 11 Sep 2003, David Crossley wrote:

> I propose Antonio Gallardo and Tony Collen to be Cocoon committers.

+1 ... welcome, guys!

Andrew.

Orixo alliance: http://www.orixo.com/          Web:    www.luminas.co.uk

Re: [Vote] Antonio Gallardo and Tony Collen as Cocoon committers

Posted by Guido Casper <gc...@s-und-n.de>.
David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au> wrote:
> I propose Antonio Gallardo and Tony Collen to be Cocoon committers.

+1 for both

Guido

Re: [Vote] Antonio Gallardo and Tony Collen as Cocoon committers

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.
David Crossley wrote:

>I propose Antonio Gallardo and Tony Collen to be Cocoon committers.
>
>They have both been contributing lots of stuff and discussion
>on both cocoon-dev and cocoon-users since mid-2002.
>
>Here is my +1 for both.

A warm +1 for both !

I agree with all the compensational/mediator/balancing adjectives.
Antonio and Tony are both very enthusiastic and show they care for this
community and love it a lot.

Sylvain

Re: [Vote] Antonio Gallardo and Tony Collen as Cocoon committers

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> David Crossley wrote:
>
>> I propose Antonio Gallardo and Tony Collen to be Cocoon committers.
>>
>> They have both been contributing lots of stuff and discussion
>> on both cocoon-dev and cocoon-users since mid-2002.
>>
>> Here is my +1 for both.

Oh, and I forgot to say +1 earlier.

Welcome!

Upayavira

Re: [Vote] Antonio Gallardo and Tony Collen as Cocoon committers

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
David Crossley wrote:

>I propose Antonio Gallardo and Tony Collen to be Cocoon committers.
>
>They have both been contributing lots of stuff and discussion
>on both cocoon-dev and cocoon-users since mid-2002.
>
>Here is my +1 for both.

Late +1

Vadim

Re: [Vote] Antonio Gallardo and Tony Collen as Cocoon committers

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.
Joerg Heinicke wrote:
> http://dict.tu-chemnitz.de/dings.cgi?lang=de&noframes=0&query=ausgleichend&service=&optword=1&optcase=1&opterrors=0&optpro=0&self=1
>
> or
>
> http://dict.leo.org/?search=ausgleichend
>
> Both know "compensational". What's the correct word?
>
> Geoff Howard wrote:
>
>> Joerg Heinicke wrote:
>>
>>> Furthermore 2 really nice and (especially Antonio) compensational (is
>>> it the correct word?) guys.
>>
>> I've never heard of the word compensational but my interpretation of
>> it would mean "active or skilled in paying people".  If Antonio is
>> skilled at this, we should have voted him in long ago! ;)

Ah, didn't realize we were dealing with a specific translation issue for
"ausgleichend".  The problem is that the English word compensate has two
shades of meaning: to adjust for a missing quality, and to pay money or
a money-equivalent.  Probably the first of those does get at what you
were trying to say but "compensational" is such a rare form that it
would probably in practice lead to the humorous interpretation.  Of the
options on the sites you mentioned, "balancing" is probably the closest,
but the others are probably on the right track using a totally different
word.

By the way, I hope my original comment didn't feel like I was poking fun
  -- I am continually impressed by you and so many others communicating
in English and if we had to do these lists in any other language (even
French which I used to speak pretty well) I'd be totally lost probably
along with most of the other "ugly americans".

Geoff

Re: [Vote] Antonio Gallardo and Tony Collen as Cocoon committers

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.
Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> http://dict.tu-chemnitz.de/dings.cgi?lang=de&noframes=0&query=ausgleichend&service=&optword=1&optcase=1&opterrors=0&optpro=0&self=1
>

> or
>
> http://dict.leo.org/?search=ausgleichend
>
> Both know "compensational". What's the correct word?

The word I would choose to use to express the quality of someone who "to
arbitrates between parties" is 'harmonising'. They actively work to
bring about harmony between people. From a Buddhist perspective,
'harmonising speech' is a quality that will build community, by bringing
people together. I like the word 'harmonising' because it suggests that
this is an activity that needs to be done continuously. You can always
have more, or deeper, harmony.

Hope that's not too off-topic!

Regards, Upayavira

Re: [Vote] Antonio Gallardo and Tony Collen as Cocoon committers

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jh...@virbus.de>.
http://dict.tu-chemnitz.de/dings.cgi?lang=de&noframes=0&query=ausgleichend&service=&optword=1&optcase=1&opterrors=0&optpro=0&self=1

or

http://dict.leo.org/?search=ausgleichend

Both know "compensational". What's the correct word?

Joerg

--
System Development
VIRBUS AG

Re: [Vote] Antonio Gallardo and Tony Collen as Cocoon committers

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>.
Geoff Howard dijo:
> Joerg Heinicke wrote:
>
>> Furthermore 2 really nice and (especially Antonio) compensational (is
>> it  the correct word?) guys.
>
> I've never heard of the word compensational but my interpretation of it
> would mean "active or skilled in paying people".  If Antonio is skilled
> at this, we should have voted him in long ago! ;)
lol. :))))

Antonio

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.

Posted by Tony Collen <co...@umn.edu>.
Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> "to arbitrate between parties" in community wars :-)

Hmm, mediators?

I hope we don't have big enough problems that require mediation :)

> Joerg

Tony

Re: [Vote] Antonio Gallardo and Tony Collen as Cocoon committers

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.
Le Jeudi, 11 sep 2003, à 09:17 Europe/Zurich, Joerg Heinicke a écrit :
> "to arbitrate between parties" in community wars :-)

got it - and yes you're right!

-Bertrand

Re: [Vote] Antonio Gallardo and Tony Collen as Cocoon committers

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jh...@virbus.de>.

--
System Development
VIRBUS AG

Re: [Vote] Antonio Gallardo and Tony Collen as Cocoon committers

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jh...@virbus.de>.
David Crossley wrote:
> I propose Antonio Gallardo and Tony Collen to be Cocoon committers.
>
> They have both been contributing lots of stuff and discussion
> on both cocoon-dev and cocoon-users since mid-2002.
>
> Here is my +1 for both.
>
> --David

+1

Posted by Gianugo Rabellino <gi...@apache.org>.
David Crossley wrote:
> I propose Antonio Gallardo and Tony Collen to be Cocoon committers.
>
> They have both been contributing lots of stuff and discussion
> on both cocoon-dev and cocoon-users since mid-2002.
>
> Here is my +1 for both.

+1

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino

Re: [Vote] Antonio Gallardo and Tony Collen as Cocoon committers

Posted by Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk>.
On Thursday, September 11, 2003, at 06:38 AM, David Crossley wrote:

> I propose Antonio Gallardo and Tony Collen to be Cocoon committers.
>
> They have both been contributing lots of stuff and discussion
> on both cocoon-dev and cocoon-users since mid-2002.
>
> Here is my +1 for both.
>
> --David

Nice one Guys ! :)

My +1

regards Jeremy

RE: [Vote] Antonio Gallardo and Tony Collen as Cocoon committers

Posted by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org>.
> From: David Crossley

> I propose Antonio Gallardo and Tony Collen to be Cocoon committers.
>
> They have both been contributing lots of stuff and discussion
> on both cocoon-dev and cocoon-users since mid-2002.

I wanted to propose them too ...
So of course +1 for both

Reinhard

RE: [Vote] Antonio Gallardo and Tony Collen as Cocoon committers

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Although I'm too late: +1 for both from me as well.

Carsten
(Back from holidays and going through 6000 mails with warp speed)

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au>.
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> >
> > I propose Antonio Gallardo and Tony Collen to be Cocoon committers.
>
> +1 for both, welcome!
>
> David, you beat us again in proposing people who deserve it ;-)

:-) ... there are plenty more committed people out there for
others to propose.

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.