Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Dave <no...@yahoo.com> on 2005/11/07 18:08:09 UTC

About cookies

We're re-building a web site. No guarantees that the site will have the same
name as the old. So from my understanding of the cookie process this means a
new cookie.

(Near as I can tell a cookie file is: <username>@<website>[#].txt)

However, to make life easier for our customers I'm wondering if there's a way
to say, go read this other sites cookie file.

TIA,
Dave

Re: About cookies

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
Dave wrote:
> We're re-building a web site. No guarantees that the site will have the same
> name as the old. So from my understanding of the cookie process this means a
> new cookie.
>
> (Near as I can tell a cookie file is: <username>@<website>[#].txt)
>
> However, to make life easier for our customers I'm wondering if there's a way
> to say, go read this other sites cookie file.

For security reasons, you can only read cookies associated with the same
domain, so no, you can't read another site's cookie.

L.