Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "S. Alan Ezust" <ez...@users.sourceforge.net> on 2004/02/06 22:31:36 UTC

Ant Docs - valid attributes of taskdef?

I'm having difficulty navigating through the Ant documentation.

Is there somewhere an index of all elements, what attributes they permit, and
what their valid parents/children are? Basically, something resembling an XML
schema/API doc.

I spent over 20 minutes wading through ANT documentation just to find out
whether <taskdef> has an optional fork attribute. I still haven't found it.
Is there an ant quick-reference guide somewhere that would help me find these
answers quickly?

--
S. Alan Ezust
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Re: Ant Docs - valid attributes of taskdef?

Posted by Dale Anson <da...@germane-software.com>.
Another option is to run the AntStructure task. This "generates a DTD
for Ant buildfiles which contains information about all tasks currently
known to Ant." Be warned that "This task doesn't know about required
attributes, all will be listed as #IMPLIED." The quotes are from the Ant
docs.

Dale

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Feb 6, 2004, at 4:32 PM, Matt Benson wrote:
> It's 1.5 years out of date, but you could take a look
> at
> http://www.manning-source.com/books/hatcher/hatcher_apxE.pdf
> for a start.

This was built using the original proposal/xdocs code - which can be
regenerated from the current source.

	Erik

Re: Ant Docs - valid attributes of taskdef?

Posted by Matt Benson <gu...@yahoo.com>.