Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Colin Chalmers <co...@xs4all.nl> on 2001/12/05 20:36:01 UTC

Strange Village/Turbine problem

Hi all,

We've got a strange problem that I can't seem to track down yet, perhaps someone else can give me a shove in the right direction.

Recently we had a problem using autoincrement (sequence) with Oracle & therefore updated to Turbine-2.2 & Village-1.5.3. From my laptop using Catalina I can access the Oracle DB doing inserts/selects etc as expected. However.....

Now we've migrated everything to the Solaris 8 machine running websphere 3.x and we're getting NULL pointer exceptions on simple queries (we can't see any other exceptions). If we replace Village 1.5.3 with 1.5.2 we can perform the queries but the autoincrement doesn't seem to work. I thought that there may be a discrepency with the version of JVM ie Sun1.3/IBM1.2??? Otherwise I don't know

Any ideas anyone? A colleague of mine is doing some debugging work to see if he can track anything down..

/Colin

Re: Strange Village/Turbine problem

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 12/5/01 11:36 AM, "Colin Chalmers" <co...@xs4all.nl> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We've got a strange problem that I can't seem to track down yet, perhaps
> someone else can give me a shove in the right direction.
>
> Recently we had a problem using autoincrement (sequence) with Oracle &
> therefore updated to Turbine-2.2 & Village-1.5.3. From my laptop using
> Catalina I can access the Oracle DB doing inserts/selects etc as expected.
> However.....
>
> Now we've migrated everything to the Solaris 8 machine running websphere 3.x
> and we're getting NULL pointer exceptions on simple queries (we can't see any
> other exceptions). If we replace Village 1.5.3 with 1.5.2 we can perform the
> queries but the autoincrement doesn't seem to work. I thought that there may
> be a discrepency with the version of JVM ie Sun1.3/IBM1.2??? Otherwise I don't
> know

I doubt it is the JVM. Either it is something in Village or something in
Torque or both. Or it could be the Oracle JDBC driver...make sure you are
using the latest version...their drivers are notoriously buggy...

-jon